Chapter 30: Spillin Everything (Almost)

"Girl, you know full well he is to go straight to the kitchen!" Mad-eye snips at me but I send a glare his way as I drag Harry towards the park across the way. 

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Harry asks, stumbling over his feet as I pull on his wrist. "Sit down. You're gonna be fuming with me and everyone here." I say standing in front of him with my arms crossed. He gives me a confused look, "What are you on about?"

As I tell Harry almost everything, I watch as anger takes over his facial and body expression. His fists are clenched with his nails digging into his palms, and he's got a vivid crease between his eyebrows as he stares at the dirt near my feet.

"So, you've been lying to me, again? After everything we went through in third year?" 

Ouch.

"Harry, I have had zero choice in the matter. I only found out today everyone knew but you, that's why I came out here. They still planned to not tell you everything, and it's fucked up." 

He jerks his attention upward towards me at my words, his gaze still crude but not directed towards me. 

"Honestly Harry, I know more than Hermione and Ron do. There are still some things I can't discuss with you; I made sure Remus and Sirus know how fucking wrong that is. Especially to tell me then ask me not to repeat it." 

His gaze softens at my words, and I sigh, lowering myself on the space next to him. 

At the sound of his silence, I continue. "So, I'm sorry for not being truthful Harry. My hands are just tied at all times," I admit. "Are you angry with me?" 

I look up at him to meet his eyes already on me, "No," he says. "I'm not, I'm upset but not with you. But with them for forcing you and even somewhat me in these circumstances." He envelops me in a hug 

"From now on, I'm gonna tell you everything, okay?" 

He shakes his head, "No, don't." I look at him surprised but wait for him to go on, "I'm sure Remus and Sirius have reasons as to why they tell you and not me. They probably think its protecting me in some sort." 

"If that's what they think, then let them. Tell me the things that only you think I should know, the things that won't cause much harm." My heart softens at his words, however my stomach and head both agree that he's possibly about to raise hell in that building.

"We better go in before unwanted guests come about," I nod at his words as he intertwines his fingers with my own and we walk into the house. As we walk in Harry greets everyone with a half-smile on his face, me on the other hand, take a sharp turn up the stairs and lock myself up in my bedroom. 

And get lost in a fantasy world that is nothing of the real one I live in. 

Instead of enjoying my book I hear noise from near the outside of my door, I open the door to see a group of people huddling around the curve of the staircase, "What's happening here?" Everyone shushes me at once.

I roll my eyes and tread down the stairs quietly, just in time to witness Crookshank rip the ear dangling from the top I hadn't noticed earlier. I stifle a laugh from the groans of disappointment from the Weasley kids, Hermione and Ron. 

I brush past Molly and the others and take my seat at the table, everyone else soon follows. 

During dinner they discuss the ugly things that the Prophet has been publishing. 

"But anyone in their right mind would know Dumbledore-" Dad cuts Harry off midsentence, "exactly the point, Fudge isn't in his right mind to begin with. It's been twisted and warped with fear. Now fear makes people do terrible things, Harry."