Chapter four

Tony.

Her skin felt like butter against my fingers, her backless dress was enticing and I loved it. She looked me in the eyes and I felt like she was searching my soul. I was terrified. I stared back. Looking in her eyes, being in her presence was like standing on a mountain and taking in that cool, crisp, deep breath. No, it was like waking from a restful sleep when the sun warms your face and you yawn and stretch like you have nowhere else to be. I could think of so many things this feeling could be like.

I love it. But I'm terrified. I'm Tony Stark; playboy, billionaire, genius. I'm not supposed to get these feelings.

Slowly, I pushed my forehead down against hers and felt butterflies ignite throughout my stomach and the feeling I held was one of pure absolute bliss.

Emma.

He pushed his forehead on mine and my heart pretty much burst through my rib cage. I took a deep, deep breath and let it out slowly through my nose.

"Emma?" I mumbled a 'yeah?' back in response. He chuckled a little, sweet music to my ears. "Want to go outside, I'm dying of heat."

I broke eye contact and nodded quickly, itwassuper hot in here. He grabbed my hand and linked fingers, I felt weird but at the same time I was happy we still had skin contact. It was comforting.

At the roof balcony there was another little band playing some chill jazz music and some couples and some wanderers but not much. The gentle Malibu breeze felt amazing against my hot skin. We went over to the railing with a sight that looked over all of the city.

He let go of my hand and replaced it on my lower back. "Here, I'll grab a drink, you want anything?"

I nodded, "A Blue Moon please, with an orange slice."

He smiled and was off towards the small rooftop bar. I turned back to the view and took a couple breaths. I'm falling and I know it. I'm terrified. I'm Emma Stone, heart of stone, I can't let some rich, attractive guy get into my mind.

"Here you go." His smooth voice cut through my thoughts and I turned as he handed me my glass. He leaned on his elbows against the railing facing the city, his fingers barely holding the neck of a Corona. He took a drink and then tilted his head to face me. I leaned with my back against the railing and sipped my beer. Tonight isn't the night for martinis...no, beer sounds great tonight. "You know, out of all the girls I've hit on, you are the only one who has not ordered something expensive and complicated."

"And how many girls have you hit on, Mister Stark." I gave him a look and he chuckled sadly.

"A shit load."

"Get any in bed?"

"An even bigger shit load."

I laughed and shook my head. There was a pause of silence. I turned to face the city, copying his position.

"So who is Emma Stone?"

I chuckled and he smiled, a genuine smile. As if he was actually interested. Psh. "Emma Stone is a girl with a famous and rich father but no mother. She owns a pet bat named Henry Sabbath David Mackenzie Jr. III. Her two best friends are Anderson Peke whose parents own Yahoo the internet search engine and Justin Grant son of Hugh Grant and an actor himself. She has always been afraid of men. She was born and raised in Malibu, California. And she is a mighty fine poker player if she does say so herself."

Tony looked into my eyes to see if I was lying and then stood up straight, placing his hand on my cheek. "Are you afraid of me?"

I shook my head.

He smiled and took his hand off of my cheek, but still stood. I was now leaning back against the cement column.

"So who is Tony Stark?"

"Tony Stark is a boy who had a genius father who helped build the atomic bomb. He is debatably the most famous man in the world and he builds weapons. Tony is a player and a genius himself. He has two very good friends; his assistant Pepper Potts and military buddy Jim Rhodes. And he himself is also not too shabby at a good game of poker."

I looked him in the eyes like he did me and smiled. "So tell me, Stark, are you planning just to get me in your bed and out like turning on and off a light?"

Tony sighed. I stood and chuckled to myself.

"I knew it."

I started to walk back downstairs when he grabbed my arm and spun me back around gently. "Look, Emma, I really don't know what I'm feeling right now. This is all new to me, to be honest. I've never ever in my life met a girl quite like you and I would like to keep it simple right now. And to answer your question, no. I do not plan to just sleep with you and throw you out like the trash in the morning, though I have done it many times."

The little jazz band announced that the speeches were about to begin and the people on the roof began to file out. Tony held me still and stared into my eyes. You know, eyes are a big thing with the two of us.

"Now there's no way in hell that I am going to walk out of here without a number or something, so tell me now to save the trouble later."

I rolled my eyes. "Just meet me at Arnold Park at eleven tonight and I'll see if you deserve my number then."

He grinned, "Now I do believe that we have to make an appearance during these speeches so, shall we?"