°˖ ✧ Courage °˖ ✧

It's eight am on Sunday, the morning of my date with Blake

For the first time in three months, I woke up feeling okay. Feeling that life isn't on a repeat of sadness. I get up to go take a shower. It's hard living in an apartment with four people and two bathrooms. Mac and Sierra have the main bedroom with their bathroom, while Autumn and I share. Now Asshole and I share one; at least he keeps it clean somewhat. I go to open the door, but it's not budging.

"Matthew," I whine loudly.

"Can't hear you. I'm showering," he responds quickly.

"Then how'd you know I said something, hm?" I question with annoyance in my voice.

The shower turns off, and after 3 minutes, he comes out with a towel wrapped tightly around his lower torso.

"Finally, princess," I groan, walking past him.

He grabs my wrist and leans close to my ear, "Next time, just join me."

My jaw drops. What the fuck? Where is Matthew? Who is this flirty imposter? I look at him with wide eyes.

"Relax, bird, I'm only joking; no need to blush"

I hum and tilt my head looking at him, then looking down, then back up.

"Eh," I shrug, closing the door.

He grunts, "rude"

"let me shower" I lock the door

° ° °

I'm standing in my room, staring at myself in the mirror. It's October 1st, and I've decided on a fall outfit. I'm wearing a burgundy turtle neck sweater with dark blue mom jeans. i'm wearing a necklace with Autumns name engraved on it. It was hers. I hadn't taken it off since the night the hospital handed us the bag of clothing she wore when she passed. I inhale, holding my tears back. In the mirror, I see Matthew's reflection standing behind me.

He's giving me a concerned look, "Bird?"

"Ugh," I groan, turning towards him.

Crossing my arms, I sign "remind me to keep my door closed."

he smiles at me, "But you like it when I come into your room," he pouts.

No, no, I do not.

I push a piece of hair back behind my ear, "It doesn't matter anyways; I'm headed to my date."

"With Douchehole? I don't get why you've always been so attracted to him. He has psycho eyes"

"Shut up Matthew, god you're so annoying"

"Jesus someone is on their period."

I smile proudly at myself in the mirror before turning and grabbing my bag.

"bye, bird"

"Bye, Matthew," I respond without looking at him.

° ° °

I'm sitting at a table in the back corner of the coffee shop. Sierra is working, and she gives me a thumbs-up from the counter.

I playfully roll my eyes at her, mouthing the words, "Stop, you're stupid." she smiles, then takes a customer's order.

I turn back to the door as a bell above the entrance chimes. It's Blake. I see him searching the cafe for me; his eyes land on me, and I shyly wave.

"You look very pretty," he smiles after making his way into the chair across from me