⋆·˚prologue⋆·˚

"Mac, wait!" spoke 6-year-old Aura gasping for air as the two girls ran into the house

"I'm catching up to you, Bird!" 8 year old Matthew spoke, chasing young Aura

Mac was long gone hiding in her and Matthews' room.

"MATTHEW! STOP IT, YOU'RE ANNOYING ME!" screeched Aura stopping in her tracks, turning towards the boy

"oomph," Matthew puffed out as the two fell onto each other

Matthew loved annoying Aura; he got under her skin when he called her Bird. Matthew claims her calls her "Bird" due to her annoying voice because it reminds him of birds' annoying chirps in the morning, waking him up. How sweet of him.

Aura softly rubs her forehead as Matthew busts out laughing.

"Watch where you're going, Aura!" he obnoxiously says in between laughter

"MAC! Your brother is annoying me LIKE ALWAYS!" she cried

Right on cue, Autumn walks in, looking perfect as always. Her red hair was styled into piggy tails with pink bows holding her wild bangs back.

"Hi, Matthew," she says, facing him; she turns and looks down.

"Aura? What are you doing on the ground, silly" She smiles sweetly, leaning down and holding her arm out for her friend.

Aura turns, giving Matthew a giant stank eye.

Ten years later
*trigger warning, includes body image issues*

It's Mac's sweet sixteenth, hosted at a hotel, and Aura cannot wait. She packed the cutest, smallest black bikini in hopes she would catch Blake's eyes.
*She looks in the mirror, gently groping her lower stomach. Aura has always been heavier, but lately, her body has been changing, and she feels herself getting bigger. There's no gap between her thighs; she's starting to get stretch marks on her lower stomach and ass.* Still, she winks at the mirror, telling herself she's hot.

Aura enters the hotel and goes into their booked room. Blake, of course, is only looking at Autumn; who wouldn't? She is like a piece of art. Breathtaking. She turns her head and locks eyes with no other than Matthew. She instantly rolled her eyes as he carried a smug look on his face, slowly walking over with his hands in his pockets.

"Aura" He smiles down at her with confidence in his eyes

"Rat ass," she sweetly smiles up at him, giving him an innocent look.

Matthew rolls his eyes, and removes his hands from his pockets

"Always one to charm a man, Bird, always the one"

He crosses his arms

Aura watches the movement and notices Matthew's slight muscle indention. She must've lingered too long, she could tell due to Matthew snickering and taking his pointer finger, lightly lifting her chin.

"Bird bird bird," he Tsks, "Admiring me, are you?"

"Oh, my god. You are the most pathetic human being I've ever met."

She takes a step back, glaring at him harshly

"What about gorgeous?" he looks down, pouting his bottom lip.

"P-a-t-h-e-t-i-c," she spells out, shoving her hand in his face, wiping his pout away.

Hearing the voice of her best friends, she turns her head away from him