𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟮

They were begging.

Throat hoarse, hands tied, tears accumulated over lashes. Red hues splashed over their cheeks and other cuts decorated in zig-zag patterns through their bodies. Those marks weren't clean though.

No surprise there since the urgency oozing out from the four men in black masks spoke volumes.

"Please, please! Let us go!"

Those words always put him in a blind haze. Like a twisted primal instinct awakened at their helplessness.

And helpless they were.

On their knees. All fifteen of them with hunched shoulders and heads at gunpoint.

He wished for his heartbeat to accelerate and yet to no avail. As if his body had accustomed itself to the horror sane people were blinded to. Once, he might have claimed optimists were courageous, but now, they seem nothing short of cowardice hiding behind delusion.

Just because they close their eyes doesn't mean others didn't face the depravity of untamed beasts.

One of the men, his stature wide depicting that he was the leader of the group said something into a walkie-talkie.

It was absolutely hilarious. Even when he heard the pleadings get more intense. One of them trashed, and immediately, a bullet pierced through the air. Nothing but smoke and deafening silence left in its wake.

Did his heartbeat accelerate?

Negative.

He didn't even flinch as the bloodied body of a ten-year-old boy was trashed and kicked on the ground.

Cries he couldn't hear. But laughs he did.

And that.

That.

Made his heart beat.

He smiled as he watched the lights of one of the most high-luxury hotels cut off the next instant. Though an hour after midnight, he wasn't one to conduct meetings in five-star hotels after corporate timings. He liked his sleep, and moreover he liked when he dreamt of her.

Her.

She was the reason why his polished shoe clicked in darkness. Enveloped in darkness, the heat of his heart burned bright like the lighter in his hand.

He saw when they caught up. Five pathetic men who dared to seize and fire in the restaurant he had a meeting.

He clicked the lighter on again.

"Hey! You! On your knees!" Their apparent leader shouted aiming his gun at him.

He didn't look upwards, and put the fire off. On and off. On. And. Off.

On his knees?

There was only one woman in the world who could get Maddox Bradshaw on his knees, and she wasn't in this room.

This time his steps made no noise. His breaths downed to silence. There was no moment of hesitation, nor any time to waste.

In his mind was murder, in his heart was the woman with lavender eyes beyond ruins.

___

a/n

Guess who's back ;)

I'm sorry, I know. It was a long break. But I promise to make it up to my little loves.

You can expect regular updates now. Or atleast three updates in a week.

Adios <3