𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟲

To deny how stunning she looked while sleeping was foolish.

He looked at her sleeping in his car. His blazer draped over her shoulders, her breathing slowed as she curled over herself on his left.

Her brown wavy hair was sprawled over the leather covering half of her face. She hated those waves in university. Maddox had seen her apply layers of heat protecting serums and make them ironed. Her cherry red lips were parted-after all these years cherry red still sustained in her lipstick palatte.

A familiar feeling rose in his chest-one he kept locked tight deep down in the dark, depraved depths of his sanity. Along with it rose questions. So many questions for her.

She betrayed him.

He hated her.

She left him.

He absolutely loathed her.

And yet he was here breathing in their shared space and-not absolutely hating it.

Meeting her again wasn't his intention. Contrary to it, Maddox had vowed to never see her again after she left London ignoring his pleadings.

To land in the hospital she was employed in-a mere coincidence. He even claimed it to be a solid disaster. Many tried to kill him-trained assassins, desperate political entities and none even gave him a scratch.

This woman though, put a needle to his neck.

And he let her.

He let himself lay unconscious on her shoulder.

Atleast it allowed him to see her eyes flare and flicker with emotions for him. More so after she tried her best to hide it. Now it was a complete bliss.

Jenna whimpered from other side. He looked at her one last time, drank her whole. One single sweep. That's all he'll allow himself. Too much time had passed, and their unsolved history created many complications.

Maddox turned his face to the window, watching the dim streets of San Diego. The night streets weren't as alive as he was used to in London, the weather was hotter, people more indulged in people's business.

"Where, boss?" Jacob asked. He was one of his youngest drivers, a solid perk of having him included him asking all the right questions.

"Nearest theatre."

He might as well explore since he had business here.

___

"Will you ever love me?" The blonde woman begged with tears sliding down her chin.

"I love her. I can't love you, my wife." The man spoke with regret.

"If you can't make love to me then atleast fuck me!" She shouted in reply as Maddox popped another popcorn in his mouth. Cheap salty cheese melted in his mouth, a blatant reminder of the life he used to live.

"If that's what you wish." The man on the screen wasn't even handsome. Half of his face was disproportionate, and his voice had a fake Italian accent but he was filthy rich. So maybe that was attractive.

"I will fuck you hard, my wife. Tonight, and every night after-"

"What the actual fuck!" The woman beside him yelled in horror.

Maddox switched to sipping his cola. He would prefer if it were whiskey, but he was trying to be accomodating today.

The seat beside him jerked heavily, it's impact evident on Maddox's own seat but he just kept drinking his soft drink.