𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟱

She looked in the cab's mirror last time, fixing her cherry red lipstick. It was already an hour past Chase's birthday party. Leave it to Maddox, for the man did not know how others interpreted his texts.

Looking down at the anonymous text, Jenna rolled her eyes.

There was a location drop, with words:

8 p.m. Don't be late.

It wasn't until she called Chase thirty minutes ago and heard his drunk hollering. Maddox then took the phone from him murmuring about being late even after he personally invited her.

Both of them were morons.

The party was in full swing from the distance. Maddox had arranged it at some high-end rooftop club and bar. Strobe lights created a halo in the December chill. Her red dress wasn't the appropriate choice for a weather like such, but it made her curves look gliding—her hips wide and sensual, her waist small and a tad chubby. Courtesy of the cheesy burger she had an hour ago, and all the ones before.

As Jenna entered the guards didn't stop her, neither did they ask for her I'd like they knew who she was. Her ears reverberated with loud cheers of 'Chug! Chug! Chug!'

Amongst the crowd she finally saw the men she looked for. Chase and Maddox were sleeping on two different wooden tables with their heads down the edge. A person stood beside Chase's face holding a huge beer container and funnel, it's pipe going straight into his mouth.

On the other hand, infront of Maddox stood three other seniors holding three containers. Jenna's eyes widened in shock and something.. something she couldn't place when she saw those raven eyes blurred in delight, and three pipes from all those funnels stuck between his lips.

Chase from the other table coughed and the crowd booed as he came up for air and wiped his lips. But Maddox—he just kept sipping triple the amount Chase was drinking. His throat bobbed with every sip, and that's when Jenna noticed his white T-shirt and chain was dripping near his neck. It stuck to his collarbone, and pecks and that—

Jenna inhaled a deep breath and closed her eyes.

What was happening to her?

She was Chase's girlfriend. She couldn't—shouldn't be this bothered by how his neck looked under the dancing red, blue lights of the club. Or that what other situations made his grey eyes close in ecstasy.

Nope.

Not going there.

Exhaling the breath she was holding, Jenna numbed her mind. She wasn't a cheater.

But as she walked near the tables, Maddox's grey eyes fixated on hers suddenly. And all the promises she made to herself a second ago seemed pointless. Even in a drunk haze, it was as if his eyes always found her. Like they followed her like her own shadow. Her personal demise.

His wet lips quirked from the sides.

"Guys! Look my girlfriend's here!" Chase staggered to her and smiled down at her. She had him. Finally after months of being distant, it was the first time Chase claimed her in public.

So why was it Jenna couldn't stop watching Maddox sipping the last remnants from the containers.

Why was it when Chase pulled her in for a kiss, Jenna imagined lips softer than his. His scent more masculine. His eyes grey instead of brown. His body broader and grip rougher.

"Isn't she so hot!" Chase yelled after their kiss, raising both of their hands like he just won a rugby match and looked at her cleavage with a smirk. Everyone in the crowd shouted yes, some even whistled inappropriately.