Chapter 2

Dinah is always down for free food and alcohol, so it didn't take much to convince her to come with me to Lauren's barbecue. Ally, on the other hand, was a little hesitant because we didn't know these people, but she finally gave in. She brought her husband, Troy, and their three year old son, Angel, with her.

Lauren and her girlfriend lived in a nice little starter home in a middle class neighborhood. It wasn't anything fancy. Dinah and I came together. Ally and her family arrived about the same time as we did in their SUV. We knocked on the door and was greeted by a woman who I assumed was Lauren's girlfriend. "Hi, you must be Lauren's guests. I'm her girlfriend, Camila." We all shook hands and introduced ourselves before she led us through the house to the backyard where there were about a dozen other people.

Camila was shorter than Lauren and a little tan. I assumed she was Hispanic. She had long, dark hair and a big booty, but she was really skinny everywhere else. She was cute, but she had nothing on me.

Ally and Troy walked straight over to the food with Angel in tow. Dinah went straight to the cooler filled with beer and wine coolers. I spotted Lauren standing alone by the grill staring at it like the food was going to run off somewhere. She had on light blue jeans that were torn at the knees and a form-fitting, white t-shirt. I could really see her curves now. Her hair was down, and I noticed she had loose waves. Her hair was so thick and healthy-looking. I was jealous. I made my way over to let her know I was here. "Well, aren't you a social butterfly?"

She turned at the sound of my voice and smiled. Goodness, this woman is attractive. "We have these get-togethers because Camila wants them. Social events aren't really my thing."

"But, aren't your friends here?" I inquired.

Lauren looked around the backyard at the group of people. "These are all Camila's friends. You're my only friend here." Aw, she already considers me a friend. How cute. Pathetic, but cute. "The meat's almost done," she informed me. "But, there are some snacks at the table and drinks in the cooler over there."

"I saw them; I just wanted to say hi to you first. I can go grab us some beers if you want."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks," said Lauren. Looking into the cooler, I was not impressed. It was filled with Budweisers, Coronas, and cheap wine coolers. I grabbed a wine cooler for myself and a Corona for Lauren. She looked like a Corona girl. I walked back over to where Lauren was and handed her her bottle.

Lauren spoke as she took her beer from my hand. "You know me already. Corona's my favorite beer."

"Really?" I questioned. "Because, you know there's better, right?"

"Hey, I'm a simple person. I don't need that fancy, expensive stuff," she countered.

"You don't need to spend a lot of money for good beer," I informed her. "I'm going to get you a sampler pack with some quality stuff. You'll never go back to this cheap, watered-down crap."

"As long as you're buying, I look forward to it," she chuckled. "Let's go sit over there at the picnic table."

I sat at the table, but Lauren stood. I could tell that being around a lot of people made her nervous. She stared off into space as she quickly downed her beer. One of her feet was perched up on the bench seat connected to the picnic table. I noticed a bulge in her crotch area. I didn't realize I was staring so hard, but Lauren did. "I have a penis."

I almost choked on my wine cooler. "Uh, what?"

"I have nothing to hide. I'm not ashamed," she responded. "I think the meat is about done. I'll be back."

I watched Lauren go over to the grill, remove the meat, and put it into a couple of large pans. The crowd almost immediately congregated around the hot food and piled it on to their plates. After everyone had gotten their first round of food, I saw Lauren prepare two plates with sausage, chicken, ribs, coleslaw, potato salad, and barbecue sauce. I was sad there was no brisket, but I guess that's a Texas thing.