The other woman

"I can't believe you guys broke up...but I have no doubt he will come back" The lady takes a sip of her cocktail.
"I...I don't know..." Charlotte hesitates her reply, "I hope so".

"Speak of the devil, isn't that his car?" The lady points at the car parking by the car parking lot in front of Roco-mamas. They both stare at the car waiting to see whose figures alight from the car.
The front doors of the car open simultaneously and two figures appear. Charlotte couldn't believe her eyes, who was this girl that Lavi was letting occupy the passenger seat? It is not family, because the immediate life he has is not black. Is this the girl he left her for? Or maybe they are just acquaintances, he can be so friendly with people, one of the things that she always had issues with him.

"..." Her lips become dry as she watches Lavi link his hand with her and draw her closer to his embrace. He beamed with a smile as they entered the Thavhani Mall. Fuck! She abruptly rises to her feet.
"Charlotte...don't..." Her friend holds his hand.
"That cunt!" She holds back her voice. She pushes her dress down. "She doesn't love him I know..., hold my purse" She strides to the door.

"Waiter! " Her friend calls the waiter who was passing their table. "Here" she takes a couple of hundred rands. "It's for the bill, we are in a rush". She takes their purses and hastily follows Charlotte's lead. She hopes that Charlotte hasn't made a fool of herself after she is not so innocent, the guy might have gotten tired of trying to satisfy her while all she did was take and never give back; plus her rumoured affair, did he find out? I bet he did, he's a reasonable guy.

"Charlotte!" She calls her name the minute she sees Charlotte trailing a bit behind Lavi and his girl. "Hey..." She takes a deep breath as she halts in front of them.

"Lavi" Charlotte calls out his name as he reaches the entrance. His body froze as a reaction to her voice. A chill of happiness thrilled her heart, she still affected him. It seems like she still has her flaws in his skin. He slowly turned around and her eyes were met with a cold face. "Hi... it's been a minute " She tries to clear her throat.

"Charlotte nice to see you here" He tightened his grip on his lover who was trying to escape the uncomfortable situation.  "Oh well, we might not be together now but we live in the same area and shop in the same area don't we? " she tore a pretentious smile as her eyes lazily scanned the lady with him. "Remember Thendo, my friend, we were just grabbing lunch, what are you doing here? ".  All she wants to do is squeeze the life out of the girl next to him, her hair is colourful, so blinding. Ugh! What does he see in her life? Such a downgrade, men do embarrass themselves with the choices they make when they are grieving.

" Lunch, same as you. It's nice seeing you around, unfortunately, you have to excuse us" He turns around and walks away without waiting for her goodbye.

"I can't believe you almost had a baby with that guy, he is so cold" Thendo commented cutting through the embarrassing moment. 
"That is not important, who is she? You have a brother in Univen don't you? I know for sure that she is a Uni kid. Fuck this man! I have seen her before, he cheated on me while I was pregnant" Charlotte starts unravelling the events from the past with teary eyes. "It makes sense, the trips, sneaky calls" She bites her nails.
"Well...you did that too" Thendo lowly comments.
"Don't judge me. It was either that, but I tried, and he never did. Give me my purse" She takes her purse from her friend.

"Sure...where are we going now? We didn't even get to finish lunch. Can we at least drive through at McDonald's?" She massages her belly.
"I guess, after all, you are driving. I think we need food to dig up everything possible about this girl. I can't believe it" She walks out of the Mall with her friend. She bumps into somebody. "Sorry"
"Portia..."
"Torres..." She whispers
"I will excuse myself" Thendo walks away.
"No..." Charlotte stops her friend from leaving.
"Why are you not picking up my calls and why am I the last person to hear about..."
"Okay, okay, Let me explain but not here. Things are a bit complicated" she pauses, "I guess I will see you later? " She looks at her friend.
"Sure, don't do something that you will regret" Thendo blows her kiss and walks away.
"Can we do the talk privately? Not her please" She pleads.
"Okay, let's head to my place, I guess it's private there"

Charlotte and Torres leave the front space and head for his car.