Love is In the Air

"I... sorry if this is a weird question, Elio, but who was that man I saw coming to and from this tower? He somehow vanished once he made it to the tower before reappearing after talking with you."

"Oh, that's my father! My father is a very powerful magician named Cassio who has raised me like his own heir, and five years ago, he turned our cottage into this tower as a gift for my 16th birthday. Unfortunately, I've told him in recent years that I've wanted a friend, but all I've had was him visiting me."

Aria couldn't believe that Elio was being raised by Cassio, and even though she wanted to know if he learned any feats of magic, she felt her heart start to break when he spoke about his lack of friends. When she asked if she could be his friend, he sighed and admitted that he didn't know what friends did, which is when she had an idea. Since she remembered hearing him mention that it was his birthday, she told him that she had something for him, apologizing for it being last-minute before handing him her poem. His eyes soon went from twinkling with excitement to glistening with tears as he read each line, complete with a wish that she could be his friend even though they hadn't met before. When she noticed the tears coming to his eye, Aria quickly reached forward and wiped them away, causing him to look at her in awe before he touched her cheek with his hand.

"Thank you... thank you, Aria. That poem is the best gift I've ever received, but... having you visit is better than that."

"Gee... you're welcome, Elio! It's a shame that your father didn't give you a friend before I came along, but... I really will be a friend to you."

"Oh, thank you, Aria... I'm so happy... I- I could kiss you!"

The words tumbled out of Elio's mouth before he realized what he was saying, and his eyes widened before his face turned redder than roses. The speechless young man suddenly became like a nervous little boy, and he gulped as he apologized before Aria giggled and forgave him. As surprised as she was by his statement, she understood that he was still trying to understand things after only having his father around, so she smiled at him before agreeing to his kiss. She then moved a bit closer to him on the couch before putting both of her hands on his cheeks, smiling as she looked at him before kissing him, even causing her own breath to hitch at her initiation.

For such an unexpected interaction, both parties immediately relaxed before they started embracing each other, which only made the kiss better. While Elio had no prior knowledge of kissing, Aria's only experience was with her family both on and off-stage, but this was much different than one with a family or stage kiss. As strange as it was when it began, this kiss was turning into a very special kiss, even though neither of them would understand what it meant. When the two of them finally pulled away, Aria's eyes twinkled and her cheeks were as pink as tulips, and Elio's face almost matched hers as they both caught their breath. For the next several minutes, the only thing they could muster out of their mouths was either timid laughter or an awestruck "wow."

"Your... your lips are so soft... Almost as soft as your skin!"

Elio gushed while moving his hands to Aria's face, and he caressed her blushing cheeks with his thumbs as they gazed at each other. Sincerely not wanting him to feel left out, she placed her hands on his cheeks before giggling as she caressed his skin, which felt even softer than Canio's tail. She didn't want this moment to end between them, and the same could be said about Elio, as this was the best birthday he ever had. However, the moment was stopped when she heard Canio neighing outside, possibly because he was worried about her.

"I... I'm sorry, Elio, but I've gotta get home soon."

Even though he understood her, Elio wanted her to stay in the tower with him, but that's when he worried about how Cassio would react. Seeing how having her leave was safer for both of them, he nodded before taking her hands and helping her get onto her feet along with him. As he guided her to the window, Aria smiled at her sweet host while taking out and unfurling her rope. When she promised to return very soon, Aria asked if Elio wanted her to bring him anything next time, only for him to shake his head and feel her cheek with a chuckle.

"Just bring yourself, Aria. I can't wait to see you again!"

With a giggle and a nod, Aria smiled at Elio before asking if he could hold her rope, to which he nodded eagerly. As soon as she tossed one end out the window and handed him the other, Aria sat on the windowsill and adjusted herself before pulling Elio close with a giggle. She then squeezed his hand and told him to let go when she reached the bottom, to which he smiled before she kissed him on the lips, causing him to gasp returning the favor with a sigh. After pulling away with a smile on both of their faces, Aria said goodbye to Elio before sliding down her rope and landing safely on the ground, giving the rope a few quick tugs before Elio let go. She then looked up and waved to Elio as she walked back to Canio, and she giggled as she saw him waving back before she went back to her horse, all while he went to bed with a growing smile. He couldn't believe that he had found a friend after years of loneliness, and she was eager to see him again.