⭒07⭒

⭑

July 9th, 2023

{PREVIOUSLY}

{Y/n's POV}

It was silent, nothing but the sound of forks scraping plates. Duke was finished with his food, he walked over to the sink to wash off his plate. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke up.
"Imma just get straight to the point, can I take you out tonight?" He looked up at me. He had a slight grin on his face.
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean by out? Like.. on a date or just like.. doin sum?" I glanced at him as he chuckled, looking down at my plate.
"I want to take you out on a date, Y/n."
I looked at him for a good minute and looked away.
"But what do you mean by that. Like a friendly date or a date date" I asked, I could tell I was testing his patience by being slow. "A date date." He shook his head, disappointed that I couldn't catch on.

A very big and passionate smile had grown on my face. I haven't been on too many dates in my life and I honestly couldn't be more pleased to be taken on one by Duke. I know I just said I didn't like this nigga or want this nigga not too long ago... but I might have lied. I mean, I don't WANT him, he's just cute and has a really good personality and we just so happen to get along very well. Plus, he probably just feels sorry for me.

"Sure, why not" I cheesed. I got up to clean off my plate and put it in the sink, before I could walk out of the kitchen Duke stops me and gives me a hug. I could feel his arms resting at my waist, I grabbed his arms. "Unt uh, that's part of the Girlfriend package, you don't got access to that" I gave him a quick hug before I pushed him off of me. He chuckled. "So what time can I pick you up?"

I turned to face him, his eyes were piercing into mine as he licked his lips. I looked up and down his face before I spoke out. "How about 9?" I leaned on the counter. He shook his head "Bet. I got to go, but I'll see you later." he gave me a hug and left before I could react or respond. I was just standing there, thinking about what I'm about to get myself into, wondering if I was going to regret it or not.

{Y/n's POV}

And then, I woke up from a nap. Duke and I been finished the filming and he'd already left. I guess him asking me to go out was just a dream, a really stupid dream.

I did wake up to a text from Kai, asking if we could stream later and of course I said yes.
I got up and got ready, I just threw on something easy and comfortable. 20 minutes later I got to the AMP crib, the door was unlocked and cracked so I let myself in and went down to Kai's room. I open his door and see him and the rest of the boys, plus other guests I've seen on social media before.