8 II Neverending Silence

Everything was going so smoothly it scared you. There in the mannequin, was the ballgown the villainess would wear in the novel. The dress was Red, something you remarked that really suited the villainess' seductive features. Now that you think of it, most of the dresses you have in the closet were colored Red, the same color of Hezekiah's eyes. You shuddered, okay villainess you made your point of being outwardly obsessed with Hezekiah.

    But this dress was something that was kind of iconic in the novel, it had been the dress the villainess had wore when she first showed herself in the novel and fully conversed with the female lead, its the dress she wore that the readers of the novel fully established that she's a two faced bitch.

    It's whole body was colored deep Red, turning a few shades darker as your eyes trailed down. It had tutu as it's layering, giving it the impression of a fully budded Rose. It's belt was black, simple and nothing else. It's sleeveless and had this layered heart neckline, a bit revealing with the skin it showed but it was modest enough that your breast wasn't peaking out or something. It was pretty, beautiful, gorgeous even. Your mouth even gaped at it's striking appearance, you knew that you'd have to wear this dress no matter what.

    "I want to wear that one for the ball." You said and the designer let out a relieved sigh that you finally had chosen something after hours of showing you dresses. Quickly, she ushered the maids to help you try it on.

    The dress didn't fail you. 

    It fitted you so perfectly the maids and designers gasped the moment you wore it. Even you, yourself had to gape when you saw yourself in the mirror. Okay, the villainess was just so beautiful you couldn't help but stare at your reflection for a whole minute.

    "So beautiful.." The designer sniffled. 

    Beautiful indeed. You find yourself thanking the villainess for giving you the opportunity to be so beautiful it sends people crying.

    -

    It's the day of the ball and currently, you're getting scrubbed raw and tortured to death by not letting you eat. You can't even take two sips of water, is that even healthy? Perhaps this is your downfall, dying by preparation of a ball.

    But still, beauty is pain you suppose.

    You endured it all and barely survived. Your hair hurt because of how many pins were put, it's kind of heavy with the jewelries. The necklace you're wearing was cold to your skin that you physically shivered. The earrings hurts you a bit because it is quite heavy and everytime you move suddenly, it also moves and swings. The heels, thankfully was actually comfortable and not tall, just three inches tall, it's better than having you literally standing on your toes.

    Your arms weren't that cold, it had matching Red gloves that were just above the elbow. Though, you shivered a bit when the cold breeze hit your exposed skin.

    'You can do this Y/n, keep up the act.' You encouraged yourself and went downstairs with your maids, ready to meet your partner, the Duke who you haven't seen for a few days now. He was busy, always out of his offices, doing his usual face to face inspection of the palace.

    It was early in the morning since the ball would start around 9, a decision made by the Prince to keep the guests in longer. Well, it's a good decision since you might end up sleeping if it were to be at night, you'd be very tired. Guiltily enough, not because you were working, but because you were embroidering the whole day. 

    There's nothing else you could do anyways, Hezekiah does not want you working with him, even at the expense of not sleeping. He hated you that much.