Chapter Two

S A R A

Nat puts her wine down and crawls over to my side of the couch, wrapping her arms around me. "Sara, I-"

"It's fine. I'm fine," I cut her off, gently pushing myself from her grip and wiping the tear from my cheek.

She rests her hand on my knee, rubbing her thumb over it. "When was the last time you spoke to him?"

"When he last came to visit."

"Wait, is this the guy who was practically eye-fucking you the whole time he was here?"

He did a lot more than just eye-fuck me...

I take a deep breath in, trying to steady my quickening heartbeat. "That's the one."

"I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but why aren't you together? You're both clearly into each other." Nat questions as she pours me another glass of wine.

She hands it to me and I chug it down, her eyes nearly popping out of her head at the sight.

"Yeah, I'm gonna need more wine before I answer that question. On second thought, just hand me the bottle."

Because I'm clearly the epitome of class.

She laughs for a second before realizing it wasn't a joke, grabs the bottle from the coffee table and takes a swig before handing it to me.

I take a sip and open my mouth to speak, the words getting trapped in my throat.

"You don't have to tell me," she assures me, snuggling into my side and resting her head on my shoulder.

"I want to, it's just hard to talk about."

I bring the bottle to my lips again and take another sip. Some trickles from the corner of my mouth leaving a trail of red down my chin and neck onto my chest. Not the worst thing that's been on this shirt.

"Shit," I huff, dramatically throwing my head back against the couch cushion.

"I'll get it," Nat chirps, shifting from my side and bringing her tongue to my neck to let it glide over the wine's trail.

Fuck that feels good.

Her tongue reaches the corner of my mouth, clearing the wine from my skin and she pauses, looking at me as my chest heaves up and down.

"I think I need to inspect for more wine under the shirt," she whispers, pushing up the bottom hem of my shirt up to expose my stomach, her fingers warm against my skin.

Yes please. It feels like a fucking eternity since someone has touched me.

I bite down on my bottom lip and nod before she straddles my hips and tugs my shirt over my head, tossing it across the room.

She stares down at me, my nipples hardening as the cool breeze of the air conditioning hits them.

"I knew I missed a spot." She brings her lips to my collarbone and lets her tongue swipe across the drop of wine.

She trails kisses up my neck, a moan slipping from my mouth when she gently bites down.

I feel her smirk against me, satisfied by how quickly I react to being touched.

"Nat..." I breathe, my voice dripping with desperation.

"I think I saw some more a little lower. Should I get it for you?"

"Y-yes," I whisper, my breath getting caught in my throat as she sucks at my neck.

Her lips move along my collarbone, then my chest, kissing down the space between my breasts. She pauses for a second, looking up at me before swiping her tongue over my nipple.