isagi yoichi x f!reader

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

↳˗ˏˋcafe surpriseˊˎ˗ ↴

YOU were walking down the streets, carrying your backpack and alternating between walking and texting on your phone. it was a cloudy afternoon. you had just got back from school and decided to get [sweets] and [drink] on your way home.

opening the door to the cafe, a small ding was heard and  the sweet smell of cinnamon and coffee danced around your nostrils. looking around, you found an empty seat and sat down. a waiter soon came to your table to ask for your order.

" Hello ma'am, what would you like to order? " the waiter asked, taking out his note and pen. 
 " Could I get a [sweet] and [drink] please? " you requested. the waiter nodded and went behind the counter to prepare your food.

you heard a ding sound as a guy with dark navy blue hair and blue eyes came into the cafe. you, however, didnt pay attention for you were too busy watching something on your phone.

soon your order arrived. your eyes lit up at the sight of your favorite desert and drink. you took a sip of your [drink] and took out your homework. you sighed. this was going to take quite a while.

﹥ˏˋtime skip

you finally finished your homework. you stretched your arms and yawned. surprisingly, the same blue haired guy was still here. it turns out he was actually waiting for you to finish your homework so he can start a conversation with you.

" Hey. " the blue haired male said. " Hi, who are you ? " you responded. " My name is Isagi Yoichi.  I just wanted to let you know that you're really pretty. " the boy said, positioning his hand behind his neck.

" thank you ! you're pretty handsome too. " you replied, appreciating his compliment. " So do you like soccer? " he asked. you nodded. soccer was and still is your favorite sport since you were a child. you would watch your brother play soccer with his friends, admiring his powerful kicks and quick reflexes. since then, you've been playing soccer for your entire life.

" really ? me too. " isagi replied. " what position do you play?  " you pondered for a bit. " i'm good at any position, but if i had to choose, i'd say striker. " you said. 

the both of you began to chat more, getting to know each other better. you had taken a liking to this guy, and he did too. the way he lights up every time he talks about soccer makes your heart flutter. you had apparently zoned out, causing isagi to wave his hand around your face.

" hello? are you there? " he said, snapping you out of your trance. " yeah "

you were so lost in the conversation that you failed to noticed the time. " crap! its already that late? i have to go before my mom gets worried, see you later isagi! " you said, eager to get home. you quickly grabbed all your stuff before getting up.

" wait! whats your name ? " isagi asked. " y/n. " you said before exiting the cafe.

●・○・●・○・●

ever since then, you and isagi had been going to the same cafe together and occasionally hanging out every now and then. you'd be lying if you said you didnt enjoy his presence. sometimes you would get sick and had to stay home but isagi would visit and help you feel better.

whenever you see him, theres this weird feeling in your body. it feels like butterflies in your stomach. the way your eyes light up everytime you see him. 

is this what they call love..?

you had been wondering to yourself. are you in love with isagi? surely that cant be true, after all, you two are just friends...right?

..right?

the thought of falling in love with your best friend was glued to your mind. the thought would keep you up late at night, making you truly wonder what your feelings for him were.

" miss y/n. could you please pay attention ? " your teacher said. everyones eyes were on you. your face flushed red in embarrassment. " yes ma'am... "

at lunch, you were pestered nonstop by your friend. " hey y/n, you've been spacing out a lot this week. are you ok? " f/n asked. you debated whether you should tell her or not. " i have this weird feeling in my heart. i dont know why, but everytime i see this one guy, my whole mood lights
up. " you explained. " y/n...your in love ! " f/n squealed. " l-love ? " your face was now red as a tomato. 

f/n's words stuck to you like glue. what did she mean by ' love ' ? you thought while going to the park to chill. sighing, you sat down in the grass, admiring the beautiful waterfall and flowers. 

" y/n ? " a voice behind you said. you turned around to see none other than the guy who has been stuck in your thoughts. " i-isagi ?? what are you doing here ? " you questioned. 

" i was here to eat food and relax i guess, what about you ? " isagi sat down next to you. " to chill i guess. there has been something on my mind lately. "

the sun was setting. the view was breath taking. you looked to your side and saw how majestic his facial features were in the sunset. isagi turned to look at you, catching your gaze. 

" really ? you can tell me if somethings bothering you. i wont mind listening. " he said. you sighed. should you confess ? you decided to do it.

" isagi. i have something to tell you. " you said, your face becoming serious. isagi looked at you curious. " sure. " 

" i-i think i'm in love with you. when i first met you at the cafe, i knew without a doubt that you were special. everytime i see you, my heart flutters and i get this weird feeling in my stomach. its fine if you dont like me too, i-i understand- "

you were cut off with a kiss. isagi had kissed you ! he pulled away, looking into your eyes. " y/n, i love you too. i always did. " isagi confessed. " really? " you were quite surprised at his response. 

" yes. i promise. " isagi said. you leaned in and kissed him again, both of you melting in each others presence in the sunset.

 ︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶