4.5 the articles

unedited and your content warnings are discussing accidents, injuries, mention of hospitals, angst. 

─── ✨🪩🧸💋✨ ──

"Late yesterday evening, Marcy Saints Verstappen was brought into the emergence hospital in Nice after a rather critical accident when her car breaks failed to work while driving

"Late yesterday evening, Marcy Saints Verstappen was brought into the emergence hospital in Nice after a rather critical accident when her car breaks failed to work while driving. We are not sure of the circumstances surrounding the accident, as we wait to get an update on her condition. Her family are all present at the hospital, holding on and hoping for good news. As we wait, we will keep you posted on our beloved golden girl's condition. Please keep her in your thoughts—"

The sound of the reporter cut off in the waiting room and Max looked up from his position with his head in his hands. He should have fought harder to keep her at home, should have pushed for her to get rid of that stupid car.

Lando sat down next to him, hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him but Max did not deserve the comfort. He could have stopped this, all of this if he had just told her the truth from the beginning. Now she was lying on that operating table critical.

The nurse had come out after a few minutes, but she had no new information to give them. Marcy's ribs had taken the worst of the hit, fractured two ribs, broken bones in her leg, a concerning head injury and they had mentioned internal bleeding but no information on how bad the bleed was.

Arthur and Karlee were huddled up furthest away from the OR, he could tell Karlee was crying. Howard Saints stood with Diana right outside the door and Rio was pacing a few feet away Lorenzo trying to calm him down in French.

Max hated the sight of Howard and he wanted to punch him, force him to leave but he just couldn't. He was far to lost. After Marcy had stormed out of out their apartment and Max tried to stop her Tonya left and Max spent the next fifteen minutes trying to get in touch with Marcy. finally giving up and calling Karlee who couldn't understand why him, and Marcy had a fight. Without giving too much information he told her Marcy learnt the truth about her birth father and Karlee hung up on Max promising to reach out the minute she get through to Marcy.

What Max wasn't expecting was receiving a frantic call from Karlee saying something happened to Marcy. And then getting a call from the first responder that they needed to come to Nice as Marcy was getting airlifted to the main hospital for surgery.

The doors to the waiting room opened and Charles rushed in, frazzled as he made his way over to Lorenzo. Max could hear them speaking in French before Charles came to sit down next to Max.

"Hey, she's alive. She's alive in this hospital and she will stay that way, okay? You and me both know Marcy is a strong person. She will make it through."

Max felt fresh tears stinging at her eyes and he used his arm to wipe them before they could fall. "I should have stopped her, should have not let her drive that car."