ůthat should've been me (Part 1)

You and Niall have been bestfriends since birth.

You basically knew each other.What he didn't know that you have this dark secret that has been kept for years.

One day,Niall told you to meet up with your spot underneath the tree in the garden beside your uni.

You got there seeing Niall,who was waiting for you.

Then it suddenly rained hard and Niall held your hand.Your heart was beating out of your ribcage.

You have been developing feelings for your bestfriend since first day of college.Seeing him being nice,smart,and respectful is what caused you to be attracted to your bestfriend.

"I have something to tell you Y/N"Niall says,excitement filling his voice and features as he gripped your hand tighter.

"And what is that?"You answered playfully ruffling his wet hair.

"Me and Melissa are dating!"He exclaimed,jumping around.

Your heart broke.Niall had told you befire that he has a major crush on Melissa,the popular one in uni.

It broke your heart to see him so excited because of her.You wanted to be the one to make him and make him feel better whenever he's sick,he's down,he's insecure.

As these thoughts occupied you,tears streamed down your face.Luckily,it was raining so your tears weren't noticable.

"Yeah.That's umm.. great.I guess"You manage to say without breaking your voice.

You never made an appearance since then.