Coming Out

chapter summary: Noticing that Kanon hasn't quite been himself, Chisato pushes him to say what he's really feeling to the rest of Liella

⭐️

Kanon Shibuya arose a new man, he felt a strange feeling arising in his chest. Worry.

Sunlight peeked through the sheer white curtains hung up in his room. Next to his bed was an orange couch where his round owl plushie lay, he must've thrown it off the bed while sleeping.

"I don't wanna get up" he mumbled to himself "I cant get up" he grumbled, rolling onto his side. Hugging his stomach as he reasoned with himself.

"I said too much yesterday, I said way too much. I should've just kept my stupid feelings to myself."

He reached for his glasses and propped them onto his face, trying to find the courage to get up. He reached for his phone later on, scrolling through various apps as his brain configured to the morning. Kanon Shibuya sat up and waddled over to his bedroom door. Taking down a coat hanger full of his school clothes that rested on a hook.

Looking in the mirror Kanons worry washed away. He didn't look any different, he wanted to. Eventually, but not straight away. He brushed his scraggly hair out, as he did a tuft of his fringe swooped to the left. He slowly stepped into his uniform, his pinafore just a tad too big for him as he slipped it over his body. He tied the piece of red ribbon around his neck and left. Hopping into his socks as he came down stairs, his mother handed him a piece of toast as he ran out the door.

"Wait!" his mother yelled out, rushing to Kanon. She pulled on her tie, losing it up into a long piece of red ribbon. Taking the time to adjust into a more even shape.

"Much better" she brushed off her son's blazer.

"T- Thanks mum" Kanon stuttered, his mother kissing him on the forehead just before he could dash out of the door.

He scoffed down his toast as he rushed through the streets of Harajuku. As he approached the gates of Yuigakoa the wave of worry came back.

"This is an all girls school" he thought to himself "should I come in, I mean no one else knows, except for Kuku" Kanon stomped his foot in the ground.

"Are you ok?" Chisato approached Kanon from behind, slapping her friend on the back.

Kanon jumped.

"Ahhh- I'm fine." he moved his hand to his chest as his heart rate rested

"You startled me" he giggled, as he looked into the school grounds the world became. Swirly. His head because. Dizzy. His body building up with an unusual level of anxiety.

"I'm sorry." Chisato giggled "You looked kind of, what's the word?" she shrugged "contemplative?"

"Did I? Sorry. Just feeling weird today. I'm fine though, I promise." Kanon averted his eyes from Chisato's. He always hated lying straight to her face, even if it was small white lies.

"Ok." Chisato smiled, having known Kanon most of her life she learnt his various tells. When he's anxious he puts a foot back, ready to book it when the time comes. When he's sad his head sags to the ground and his lips start to pout. And when he lies he avoids eye contact.

Chisto thought it best not to call out this lie, knowing Kanon he'd spill the beans on his own time. Kanon's eyes made contact with Chisato's once more.

"I wonder what she's hiding?" Chisto's smile softened, watching as without any prompt Kanon walked off into school grounds.

"I hope it's nothing serious."