You Are Not Alone.

5 minutes passed. Keke, Chisato, Sumire and Ren sat around the club's table. All eagerly waiting for Kanons return.

"It's been about five minutes, should we look for Kanon?" Keke rested her head on the table, her voice soft and whiny.
"He didn't seem too good when he left." she sighed. Her face planted on the hard, splintery wooden table.

"Yeah." Sumire sighed with Keke, "Let's split up and look around for him. I don't want him ditching practice everyday till the concert."

"Sumire..." Chisato mumbled "It's not just about the concert, Kanon is our friend..."

Sumire looked down at the table, "Sorry. I'm just- worried" it pained her to admit it.

"I'll go check the music course classrooms." Ren stood up
"Chisato, can you please go check his home, Sumire can check the other classrooms. Kuku-" Chisato and Sumire nodded, a determined look on their faces.

"I'll look wherever I can." Keke jogged down the stairs.
Calling out his name like he was a lost puppy, ready to jump out of a classroom or closet at any second.

"KANON!" Ren and Sumire yelled as they ran through the halls. Sumire popped her head into every classroom while Ren started asking students about Kanons wearabouts. Slowly making her way to the lower half of the school.

"KANON! KANON!" Keke started lifting buckets upside down, worrying that he had somehow shrunk in the five minutes he was left alone. She walked past Liella's dressing room, her eyes scanning her glittery purple sign.
"Hm- must've forgotten to put it back in when getting changed." Keke pulled the sign off of the door. Peering the door open.

A slither of light hit Kanon's face. He looked up at Keke, his eyes red. A small glimmer running down from his eye sockets.
"Kuku" he wiped the tears from his eyes, his body growing smaller and smaller as he pushed himself further into the wall.

"Kanon-" Keke entered the closet, closing the door behind her.
The room went dark, all she could see was the faint outline of Kanon. She turned the light off.

"No.." Kanon mumbled "please, turn it off. I don't want to see myself right now."

"Kanon-" Keke sat next to him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.
Kanon hugged her back full force, resting his head on top of Keke's chest. He let out a series of soft gentle sobs, his fingers digging into her back. Her hands pat him on the top of the head, rubbing the fuzz on top of his head.

"Did you hear me crying?" Kanon looked up from Keke's chest, pulling himself away from her embrace.

"No... I just came to put the sign inside." Keke lifted the sign up slightly, even in the dark the big glittery wording shined.
Silence filled the room again, Kanon having mostly calmed down from his sobs. Now sniffling uncontrollably, rubbing his eyes intensely.
"Kanon-" Keke started to doubt the words she had not yet said "can I tell you something?"
"I haven't been entirely honest with you... not in a liar liar-"
"Well I havent really lied," Keke shrugged. "I just haven't told you something that might- help you."

"What is it?" Kanon stopped rubbing his eyes, the sniffles growing less aggressive.

"I-" she shook her head. "I'm not sure I should be telling you this."
"I-" she looked at Kanon for reassurance "He should hear this" she thought to herself
"This is important to me, this is important to him."
"Do you remember when you came out to me?" Kanon nodded "Well you reminded me a lot of myself- so lost and confused in the gender assigned to you. I knew exactly how you felt, well not exactly, but I knew." Kanons eyes lit up.

"You're a boy too?" he smiled slightly.

"No." Keke chuckled, "I was though."

"I struggled with it alot during primary school, my parents just thought it was just a phase. The 'other' boys didn't like me, because I wasn't one of them and the girls didn't either, because I wasn't one of them... then I found idols and I found a way to put it into words. Watching SunnyPa perform for the first time made me realise that I wasn't just effeminate. I wanted to be them so bad but not for the fame or the costumes. I wanted to be a girl just like them. That's why I moved here, to be an idol and a girl. Everyone back home knows who I was, that clouds their view of who I actually am."

"So I moved here to start a new life, everyone here made me feel so welcomed. No one has questioned me as a girl here, it's fantastic! Meeting you and hearing you come out made me... it made me sparkle on the inside, knowing that while our goals are drastically different we could understand each other more and more. I should've told you sooner, let you know that you weren't alone sooner."

"Kuku-" Kanon sniffled.

"It makes sense now" he laughed softly "No wonder you knew so much, no wonder you've been so supportive."

"I think that even if I was born a girl I would have supported you."

"Thank you for telling me. I know I'm not alone. I know I'm not the only person to have felt like this but they all feel so far away from me. Physically that is, like I'd never met someone in my life that shared my feelings."

"But you!"

"Me!" Keke laughed, her hand itching slightly closer to Kanon's. Kanon's body loosened slightly, Keke itched closer and closer into him.

"Kuku... don't you think you're awfully close to my face right now..." Kanon blushed

"Sorry," Keke mumbled.

"No! No! It wasn't that much of a problem for me ahaha." He grabbed her cheek, gently caressing her smooth face. His heart beating at a rapid pace.

"My heart... it might explode"

"Mine might too" Keke itched closer, their small button noses touching. Keke tilted her head, their lips softly touched.

"What's happening!?" Kanon squeezed his chest.

"I dont know."

Their lips touched, the faint taste of a lip gloss Keke had applied filled Kanon's mouth.

They broke free, Kanon finally able to breathe again as his heart raced slightly less.

"Sorry," Keke mumbled.

"Don't be." Kanon blurted out "I mean, do be?" he shook his head "Don't be sorry, I-" he became too flustered to speak.

"I've been wanting to do that for quite some time."

"I-" Keke rose.

"Hello?" Sumire opened the door to the closet, having heard vague mumblings.

"Hello!" Kanon jolted up, wiping off possible dirt and dust from his pinafore.

"Kuku just found me here! We were just about to head back to the clubroom..."

Sumire didn't believe him but pressed no further.

"Whatever you say, we've been looking all over for you." she crossed her arms.

"Don't bother coming back to the clubroom, it's too late. What would we do anyway?"

"You're sounding rather rude right now!" Keke fought back, yapping like a puppy.

"That's no way to treat Kanon."

"Whatever." Sumire rolled her eyes "I'll go tell Ren and Chisato to stop the search."