Sumires Salon

chapter summary: After Ren poses the question of how Kanons hair being aslong as it is and if he feels comfortable with it, the gang decide to give him a haircut.

⭐️

Liella sat around their club table eating lunch, two different conversations happened. Sumire and Keke bickering, caused by Chisato bragging about how round her lunch was. And silence from Ren and Kanon as the ate.

"Kanon." Ren shly drifted her eyes to Kanon "Question about the transgender thing, does having long hair make you uncomfortable?" Ren's face flushed red

"Sorry if that sounded rude."

Kanon hasn't put any serious thoughts on his appearance, the concept of transgenderism was new to him too and while he had discomforts with his appearance he couldn't quite put in a pin on what and how to fix it.

"No, No. You're not being rude. Heh, this is also new to me." he twiddled a strand of his thin orange hair in between his fingers. Stereotypical images of a conventionally attractive blonde woman laying on a bed of pink fluff as she twirls her hair and talks to her 'girlfriends'. Something he had seen in a movie once.

"Hmmm." he grumbled "maybe. My mum might not like me cutting it though"

"Are we talking haircuts!" Chisato scooted her chair closer to the two, inserting herself in their conversation. "I think you should keep it as is, at the moment its perfect bun length."

Chisato undid one of her buns, demonstrating to Ren what 'perfect bun length' meant. "TaDa! See, it's the perfect length for a nice poofy bun."

"You see, Kuku's is too short. It would fall apart far too soon, you and Sumire have long hair. While you can easily make a bun there's just too much hair, especially you Ren." Chisato played with her ponytail. Wrapping it up by where it was tied.

"Your hair is too thick for a bun, it's just too much." Ren blushed. "That's why Kanons hair is." Chisato placed her thumb against her fingers and pressed them to her lips, letting them go as she smooched the air "perfect." Kanon giggled.

"I think Kanon should get his haircut like mine" Keke smiled, petting her hair.

"No way." Sumire rolled her eyes "wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a masculine haircut." she scrunched her face.

"Yeah well it'll make sure that out fans don't get suspicious. Plus it was only a suggestion." Keke pouted.

"Guys, guys." Kanon patted the two on the shoulder.

"I don't even think I should be getting my haircut, we have a live next week and I don't want to raise suspicion ok. Let's just do our best at being school idols for now and worry about my hair next week."

Sumire pulled out a large pair of silver scissors. Its blades long and sharp, Sumire gazed at her reflection as she tilted them ever so slightly.

"Errrrr." Kanon looked on with a worried expression "didn't you guys hear what I said about the live and all, I'm happy you want to help but I'm not sure if you're qualified."

"I cut my sister's hair all the time," Sumire shrugged. Wheeling Kanon around to face her bathroom mirror. She whipped out a dark blue towel, she wrapped it around Kanons chest and neck, securing it with a baby pin. Keke, Chisato and Ren watched in anticipation.

Using a spray bottle of water, Sumire dampened Kanon's hair, then using a thin wooden comb Sumire pulled some of Kanon's hair into his face. Using the edge of the comb and where it sat on his forehead as a measurement of where to cut. The blunt side of the cold scissor blades tickled Kanon as they, to the surprise of everyone. Cut a straight line on his forehead, one that caused soft, damp, orange hair to dramatically fall onto the towel on Kanon's chest, one that would create a fringe.