Boys Dont Wear Dresses.

chapter summary: Kanon experiences gender dysphoria during a costume practice for Liella's upcoming concert.
content warning: gender dysphoria

⭐️

"Kanon!" Chisato yelled out, looking up from the sewing machine she operated. Ren cautiously watched Chisato, making sure she didn't somehow end up stitching her fingers together. Kanon looked up at Chisato and smiled.

"Uhh, we just finished your dress." Ren smiled, removing the dress Chisato sewing from the sewing machine.

"We just finished it." Ren giggled, she lifted it up. A small (fake) white rose sewn onto the right shoulder gently loosened. The flower gracelessly falling to the floor.

"We can fix that."

"Would you like to try it on?" Chisato stood up "I sewed it myself." She puffed her chest out. Clearly very proud of her work.

"Yeah, sure." Kanon took the dress from Ren's hands. The dress was heavy and very delicate. Knowing that Chisato had sewn it. Knowing that, knowing her, some blood, sweat and tears probably made its way into the dress made him cherish it more.

"I'll try it on right now."

The school administration had let Liella turn an old, mostly unused storage closet as a dressing room for the group. While the closet was used for its un-intended purpose, a purple glitter sign handmade by Keke decorated the door. It read "DON'T COME IN!! SCHOOL IDOL CHANGING!!"

Kanon closed the door behind him, placing the sign onto the door as he did so. In the room itself was a bucket, mop and large mirror that sat on the wall. Shuffling back a little would allow Kanon full view of his body. He hung the dress on the small rail behind him, slowly undressing for the mirror. What was once a passive dislike of his feminine frame, one he attributed to simple insecurity, became almost painful to look at. He ran his hands down his waist, it curved in and then curved out. His chest seemed more prominent too.

"Let's just get this over with." he slipped the dress on. Then he turned to a clear ziplock bag Chisato had given him with the dress. In it an orange and purple bow, a faux twinkle shaped gen in the centre of it. He giggled as he struggled to clip it into his hair. The weight of the bow slipping off of his now short orange hair.

"Guess this is a nogo then" he placed the bow/hair clip hybrid back in the bag.

The dress itself was nice, a white chest piece, lined with gold. Vest live sleeves covered his shoulders in purple plaid fabric, white frill on the edge revealed his bare arms. A tight sparkly orange sash tightly wrapped around his waist. A frilly bow protruded from the left side of his waist. The skirt was layered, on the top, purple plaid fabric lined with white lace. The middle, orange fabric, silk like in texture and on the bottom, pleated white fabric.

Kanon started at the waist.

"How feminine" he mumbled, tracing his waist again. He grumbled.

"How feminine" he mumbled, turning his body to look at his chest, his voice grumbling.

"Why does there need to be a big hole here? why does it need to be so tight?" He covered the top half of his chest.

He pulled out the ziplock bag again, this time pulling out a choker. A small gold heart hung off of it. He wrapped it around his neck, tightening the clasp to fit snugly.

"Hmmmmm" he hummed, "It's kind of better."

Sighing he grabbed his school uniform and left the room, taking down the sign, chucking it into the room as the door closed.