Chapter IV

It was that evening, and I was home, lying on my bed reading Megumi's book. My phone beeped, alerting me to a new message. Who could it be from?
I picked up my phone and turned on the screen. Nobara?
- "Get some money tomorrow, we're going out ;) "
- "Huh?? But we've got class all day!
I replied to her message with a frown.
- "Why don't we make our own schedule".
I sighed at her reply.
- "My mother would kill me"
- "She won't know, we'll make up fake words for high school"
I thought for a few seconds before answering. All I had to do was keep a low profile after all...
- "Okay then."
- "Great! We'll skip gym class, it's the last one of the day and the most boring "
- "I'll see you tomorrow"
She liked my message and I turned off my phone. That would suit me I wasn't motivated to participate.

The next day I joined Nobara, Yuji and Megumi and she immediately approached me.
- "Did you take what I asked for? "
She asked me in a whisper so the boys wouldn't hear.
- "Yes, don't worry."
She smiled and winked at me.
We went to class and the morning went by. No mission planned for today. There were none left for this week; after all, it was Friday, so it couldn't be.
At lunchtime Megumi and Yuji ate with us again, but this time they were late.
I sat at a table with Nobara, looking at my phone while waiting for the boys to arrive.
I was scrolling through the pages of the clothing website I was looking at.
I felt an aura pass its head over me.
- "You're into that sort of thing? "
I gasped as I recognized Megumi's voice.
Nobara yelled at them.
- "Are you coming now??!"
Megumi didn't listen to her and put his hand on my shoulder as he walked to his seat.
- "I didn't mean to scare you."
He sat down opposite me as usual.
- "I-I wasn't afraid... I was just surprised."
- "If you say so."
He replied in a monotone.
Nobara and Yuji stared at us, waiting for us to finish our little chat.
- "We're bothering you lovebirds, we can go eat somewhere else if-"
Megumi cut Yuji off by slapping him on the back of the head.
I laughed softly.
The meal ended without further argument and the 4 of us headed back to class.
Nobara and I decided to go to the locker room like everyone else, so as not to attract suspicion.
We pretended to change like the other girls, and when they were all out we grabbed our things and headed out of the changing room at the opposite end of the sports field.
We left the school and its grounds.
- "It wasn't complicated, did you see?"
Nobara said proudly. I couldn't deny that everything had gone perfectly.
- "Hahaha, where are we going now? "
- "Shopping downtown or something?"
Nobara answered me with eyes shining with excitement.
She took me by the hand and we headed for the city center, which was only about fifteen minutes from the high school.
Nobara first took me to a clothes store, I had to buy some extra clothes, I was looking for that when Megumi cut me off at lunchtime...
She entered the store and ran around looking for clothes to try on.
Personally, I took a long skirt and a diamond sweater.
- "Come on, let's try it on! "
She pulled me into the booth by the arm. I closed the curtain and took off my pants to try on the skirt. As I hung my jeans on the rack, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.
I picked it up and saw a number that I hadn't saved in my contacts appear on my screen.
- "What the hell are you doing? The class has started "
I frowned when I received a second message.
- "This is Megumi btw."
Oh shit, I have no fucking excuse.
I decided not to reply to her message and put my phone back in my pants pocket.
I tried on the skirt and Nobara asked if she could come into my cabin.
I said yes.
She marveled when she saw me wearing the skirt.
- "It looks great on you wowowo, you have to buy it."
I thanked Nobara and gazed at the long red dress she was wearing.
- "I really like yours too"
Nobara just smiled at me and walked out of my cabin.
I put my original clothes back on and we headed for the checkout to pay.

Megumi told me about a book he was looking for, and I'm going to see if I can find it here.

- " Nobara, I'm going to take a look around, I'll be right there."