Chapter XII

The next day I was awakened by the sound of doors and footsteps in the house, and it seemed that Megumi had heard them too. I was still lying with my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat accelerate from the noise. Megumi raised his head and I saw his face decompose.

- " Hiiiiii Megumi."

I barely had time to realize it when I saw Gojo-sensei's face bending in front of us.

I immediately stood up and sat down, hiding my red embarrassed face in my hands.

I could feel my cheeks burning in my palms.

- "You could have told me what time you were coming home! "

Megumi exclaimed, shouting across the room.

Gojo laughed like a child.

- "Oh, don't be so grumpy, Megumi!

He replied.

Seeing the two quarrel for a moment I just wanted to disappear and get home as quickly as possible.

I gathered my things discreetly and got up from the sofa.

- "Well... I'll be off..."

I said in a small voice.

I headed for the door but Megumi grabbed my arm.

- "No wait, we said we'd go to class together."

He looked down, still holding my arm firmly.

- "Stay, please..."

It's true that's what we agreed, we don't start classes until 10 and it's around 7:30.

I bit my lip hesitantly.

- "Well, okay just this once."

I finally gave in.

- " Thank you."

Megumi replied with a smile before she turned back to Gojo and glared at him.

- "Come on."

He took my hand and pulled me into his room.

Megumi sat down on his bed and looked desperate.

- "Hey Megumi, are you okay?"

I asked worriedly as I sat down next to him.

I put my hand on his shoulder and waited for an answer from him.

Megumi rested her head on my shoulder and stayed silent.

"You can talk to me, you know," I offered.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I'm just fed up with him always messing everything up," Megumi replied.

I found Megumi a bit harsh on this point and didn't agree with him.

"You know, you shouldn't hold such a grudge against him for something so minor; it's not that serious," I suggested.

Megumi got up, clearly annoyed.

"Maybe it means nothing to you, but it does to me!" he exclaimed, shouting.

I was speechless in the face of his reaction; I hadn't said anything wrong.

"Hey, Megumi, don't say what I didn't say—"

"Oh, forget it. I don't want to hear it. I'm going to take a shower," he cut me off and left the room, slamming the door.

I was hurt and frustrated by his excessive reaction. I hadn't been hurtful towards him, and it seemed like I didn't care about us at all! What was he thinking when he said that?