8; Turn Back Now

2 updates in 2 days! Is that a double update? Haha.

---

Turn Back Now

---

Taylor Swift

My friends and I cleared up Wonderland for the passed hours, and now, it's nearly midnight. We decided to heal the land again tomorrow, since we are all exhausted from battle anyway.

We were unprepared, but that's what make battles fun.

Because soon, they'll be unprepared.

I go straight to sleep because my body is going to shut down any minute. Before my eyes shut, I replay the battle in fast motion, I can feel how close Harry was to me, as if he's that close right now, right here.

What if he wasn't harmful? What if he wasn't like his father?

I remember the incident well, it was at the front of my mind.

I was caught under their metal net-like chain, my vision became blurry as the soldiers circled around me, holding their metal spears in their hands.

I opened my eyes for the last time, scanning for Karlie in the crowd, before seeing her swoosh down to me with worry. The soldiers suddenly shifted their attentions to her.

With her large wings, she flapped them hard, vigorously sending soldiers off their feet and into the air.

"Taylor!" She screamed before trying to remove the heavy chain off my body.

"Karlie..." I muttered with the feeling of a last breath before Karlie successfully removed the chain off me. She reached out her hand as I tightly grab it.

Behind, I saw bunch of archers rushing towards us, ready to take our lives.

"Come on Taylor we need to get you ou-"

My jaw dropped as I couldn't believe it, this was happening right before my eyes. My lips tremble in fear, as her eyes widen, and no words came out.

My breath became unsteady, I look down to Karlie's chest, a sharp, pointy arrow pierced through her, her blood dripping off the very end.

"Karlie..." I shook my head in disbelief as she fell to her knees, gasping for air. The air went through her back and pierced through the front.

"Karlie!" I screamed as tears streamed down my face, holding her in my arms as her body lies on the floor. The colour of her wings faded as she laid in the pool of blood.

"Taylor..."

"Karlie, stay with me, Karlie!" I shook her body as he mouth hung open, her body, lifeless.

It was because of his father, that I lost one of the bestest fighter, the bestest friend.

Why am I trusting him then? His father was the thorns to Wonderland, but what if... What if Harry is different?

If he was going to kill me, he would have done it by now.

I'm probably imagining things, probably another one of their games.

***

Harry Styles

Sneaking pass the first set of guards was easy. Now that I am out of the castle door, I jus need to find away out of the metal gates. The only way out is to climb the garden fence, so I make my way to the garden, making sure no one can see.

I tiptoe into the grass, as my steps make tiny crunching noise from the dried crispy leaves. The fence is just meters ahead, I hope no one jumps out at me right at this second.

Every step I take feels like a risk, a risk I'd take for a person I've never known, a fairy, to be precise.

I have to warn Taylor, I have to warn Taylor, I have to warn Taylor.

A few steps more, the gate is near. I reach my hand out, ready to feel the cold metal bars before I feel a cold hand place on my shoulder.

My body tenses, as my lower lip trembles and a dramatic music plays in my head, this is it Harold, this is the end.

I think I'm going to have an anxiety attack, if I even know what that is.

Just as the dramatic music gets louder, I turn around only to see Niall and place my hands on my heart. It turning out to be a harmless Irish boy totally brings down the imaginary intensity I had in my head.

I let out a sigh of relief, "God damn it Niall, you scare the living out of me!"

"Sorry!"

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I ask, taking a few steps back from the fence.

"I couldn't sleep so I came for a walk." Niall whispers and carefully looks around. "The question is, what are you doing here?"

I just blankly look at him without an answer. The truth is, I don't have one. What am I even doing?

"I'm just... taking a walk, too." I stammer nervously avoiding his gaze. I'm so bad at lying.

"You're lying Harold."

I sigh, "Yeah."

"Why do you want to go see her? You know the moment she sees you, she's going to grill you to ashes right?"

I pause and think for a moment, "Is she... That mad at me?"

"I don't know man," Niall shrugs. "It's been passed down through generations, but it's not safe to go there. Not only Taylor will kill you alive, all the fairy guards will do so as well."

I let out a deep sigh. What am I even doing now? Warning our enemy? Keeping the enemy safe? Not killing them when I had the chance?

Why am I saving her, when I'm supposed to be doing the opposite? I don't know what keeps me going, what keeps me doing this. I just need to know her, I need her alive.

It seems like the only way is to turn back and sleep. But I can't waste another minute of the thirteen days.

"You should go back in." Niall lightly punch my arm before giggling and walking back inside.

I quietly follow him back in, straight up to my room and lock the door.

Why am I protecting Taylor? There's a million reasons why I shouldn't, and there is no reason why I should. But I'm doing it.

For no reason.

Maybe there's a reason. But I just don't know what it is yet. Maybe seeing her again will tell me what it is.

---

Sorry if this chapter and the previous chapter are short, I'm terrible at long double updates oops.

Tell me what you think of this chapter, I'd love to know!

QOTD; what's your OTP(s)?

Mine's Haylor (duh) and Larry and Zerrie! Hbu?