Part 6- Chapters 22-25

Episode 22

"So tell me Alice, why do they say you live in your own land up above?" he casually asks her as he drops his hand completely and turns to face her.

So the car was the better driver. She kept her eyes on the road, even tho it would do no good because she could only see things for a mere second before they completely disappeared.

"Well, while I was on trial, I constantly was telling my own version of the events and put a positive spin on my relationship with my husband. No one seemed to be able to grasp the idea of stabbing someone to death and still loving them after all the backstabbing they did, so they gave me that nickname."

"How about now? Still love him?" he asks her, with hint of curiosity.

"If you think I am going to change my mind about finding him, you are wrong. I am not changing our original arrangements. I will find him first and then you can have your bloody contract," she says as she still watches the road.

Was this all a tactic to make her change her mind about her man and go to work for him right now? If it was he was not going to win. She was not going to fall victim to his scams.

"Not at all honey. Don't worry, I am completely on your side. I think you should not give up on him at all. In fact, you may even call me your biggest fan of your little quest. I am here to mearly help," he sys as he waves her idea off.

"How long have you been down here?"

"Long enough to get to know the place, learn about it, and manipulate it to my desires. I can't say I am a very powerful being, but I have enough to get what I want," he says and turns back to watch the road, without his hands on the wheel.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere to stay for a night and contemplate on whether or not you want to join me on my quest, with mutual benefits of course."

"So you are trying to get around the clause."

"Not at all, in fact, I am willing to guarantee that it will help you more than hurt you. But I will save that all for tomorrow. Tonight, you rest, and tomorrow you can decide what you want to do with yourself. Don't worry, everyone there will understand you."

"What do you mean?"

"Honey, what place do you think this is? The Above?" He says as he looks at her with his toothy smile.

"No one speaks the same language?" She guesses.

"Most of them do not, you are lucky if you can find yourself one who can understand most or all variations of the same language."

"Why not get, like, a built in translator when everyone comes here."

"Sweet heart, Hell is where all the fun goes. It would not be any fun if everyone understood each other. But if you do not know why your neighbor set your house on fire, it would be a lot more fun to watch and bet on your reaction. Understanding is for the other H word. There they have things like therapy, music, pornstars, the female kind, unfortunately for me," he says with almost a disappointing voice.

Was it because they made it difficult for him to walk?

"We do have Beethoven down here, apparently he is considered too hard core for up there," he says with a laugh.

"So what do they listen to?"

"I have no idea, love. Probably their own heartbeats."

"Wait, what about the countries? Do they just put everyone from different countries together?"