Chapter 10- Sailing

It was my last weekend off before the madness of the gala would officially begin, so I decided to take advantage of the free time and head to the beach.

My plan was to bring Desi along since she loves to frolic in the water but my mother insisted they have a bonding day. I hesitated initially of course but she was quick to remind me of the deal we struck last night, so I caved and Des was ecstatic.

The day was perfect beach weather. High 80's and not a single cloud in the sky. One of the advantages of working so close to shore is the knowledge I acquired of all the non-tourist areas. I practically had the beach all to myself.

I laid out on my towel in my pink bikini and matching board shorts and closed my eyes to let my skin absorb the rays. I hadn't done this at all this summer and the warmth was exactly what I needed to relax.

I remembered coming to this very spot with Drew a couple of years ago. We stayed and watched the sunset together as we ate whatever we packed for the day and then waded in the water and played until night fall. It was one of those perfect summer days that you wished would never end, but that's just not how life works. In reality, all good things must come to an end.

I was beginning to drift asleep when a sudden drop of cold water dripped on to my bare stomach. I jumped from the cold and lifted my wayfarers, ready to curse however was responsible directly to hell. Standing above me was Leo, soaking wet, with a shit eating grin on his face. His hair was a dark blonde now due to the ocean water. His blue and black board shorts were still soaked which caused them to hang low on his waist. 

"Damn, deep thoughts, if I didn't know better I would say that you're not happy to see me."

"I'm not happy to see you. How did you even find this place? Only locals know it exists."

He looked down at me with the most smug look he could make and touched a finger to his nose. 

"Got a nose for finding the best surf in any town. It's a gift."

He then stuck his board in the sand and sat beside me, making himself comfortable. 

"You alone out here?"

"Does it look like I'm alone?"

"Calm down deep thoughts. It was just a question."

"Sorry." I started to feel bad for my attitude.

"No worries. I think I'm getting use to that mouth of yours. Are you planning on getting in the water or are you just going to sit here all day looking sexy in that bikini?"

I covered myself with my ams, although I couldn't seem to hide much.

"Don't get shy on me now deep thoughts. You're hot. Everyone can see it. Nothing to be ashamed about."

"I'm not ashamed of anything and my name, for the hundredth time, is Layla."

"I know what it is. So back to my question, What were you going to do?"

"I was working on my tan."

"You shouldn't tan. It would ruin your skin." He took his hand and softly ran it down my cheek. "Such soft, perfect skin." I slapped his hand away. "I love it when you're fiery!" He laughed. "Let's go, I'm bored."

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"You don't think I'm a murderer still, right?" I turned my nose up at him. "Come on, Let me take you sailing."

I shook my head no.

"Please, if you come with me, I promise to call you by your real name."

It was a really tempting offer and judging by Leo's grin he knew it was too..