✮14. South Clinic✮

My heart was racing. I was zooming through the camp, frantically searching for signs for where the said clinic might be. I was all alone, with a gun, running towards the undead, kind of the opposite of what you have to do in a do or die situation but here I was. I'd never held a gun before. It was a revolver and it amazed me how such a small thing could kill someone. Its cold metal against my skin made me lose feeling in my hand. 

I should've stayed with Dylan, I thought. Soon, the realization was turning into regret. That woman looked so injured despite having a gun with her, something even worse can happen to me. Trying to focus on one thing, I shook my thoughts away. Where is this goddamn clinic?

Suddenly, off in a distance, I heard the same screech of the undead Dylan and I had heard before. I stopped dead in my tracks, when I heard someone sprinting towards me on my right. I took a hold of my gun and pivoted, aiming my gun at whatever it might me. "NO! PLEASE, STOP", yelled a troubled voice. It was the voice of a man in a white coat, a doctor. He sank down to his knees and two other figures appeared behind him, one of a woman and the other of a man. The three of them held their hands up and in a quivering voice, the first man spoke, "Please, we're not bitten. Don't hurt us." I lowered my gun and approached them, "Quick, tell me where the south clinic is." They all looked at each other and the woman said, "It's a blood bath, four of us escaped but 4 others are still there. Do not go." "Just tell me", my voice replied, regardless of my brain thinking of listening to their advice. "Right down the that hill where the flag is, where the barbered fence ends" I gushed past them, leaving them confused about why I wanted to go there and how in the world did I get to know about this highly confidential place.

I ran towards the end of the fence and soon enough, saw the flag. Here goes nothing, I thought to myself and ruggedly went down the hill towards the coast where I saw it, hiding behind rocks. It looked like a serious base, build better than the makeshift tent where we were treated for our wounds. It had no windows so I could not see inside by to my delight, the sounds of screams and things breaking got louder. I stealthily snuck up on the side of the main entrance and crouched behind the door, which was open. 

I heard an agonizing scream followed by a terrorized voice, "PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP! SHEKAR KILL IT!" It was a poor woman's voice. I heard groans and terrible screeches which sent shivers down my spine. The sounds of objects being thrown and cries and screams were getting louder. "I, I can't", said a voice filled with sorrow. It was Dr. Shekar's voice. What the hell? 

The growling got so loud and there was a loud scream of "NOO!", and after that complete silence. I knew it was now or never, and got up and went inside. 

I couldn't comprehend what I was looking at. This scene was straight out of a horror movie. Chairs had been thrown on the floor and the walls were stained red with blood. There was a hanging ceiling light moving to and fro with unceasing flickers. Off in the back of the base was a huge glass window, attached with a door which led into another room. The window had been broken and the glass was blemished with a bright magenta. That's where the undead was kept, I thought. Broken tubes and numerous syringes were on the floor along with other medicines and IVs. 

And then came the most horrendous site of all. In the corner was a poor lady, lying motionless on the floor with a vacant look in her dark open eyes. Laying in a pool of blood, on her back was a young girl, not older than fourteen, with her hair and hospital gown drenched in blood. She was the undead, ripping apart the woman's body and burying her face down her back. Dr. Shekar stood about five feat apart, looking down upon the scene with tears down his face and a look mixed with fear and desolation in his eyes. Another doctor was crouching in the far corner of the room, crying loudly and clutching what seemed like the leg of a chair. 

I had to react quickly, the woman was lost but no one else in the room. I raised my gun, ready to shoot at the undead when a Dr. Shekar noticed me and ran towards me. I felt a force on my arm and the gun was let go of my hands. I fell hard on the bits of broken glass on my arm and looked at the culprit. Dr. Shekar was aiming the gun at me. 

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?", I yelled. The undead looked up with blood covering her entire face but at the same time the other doctor let out a wail, looking at us. Being closer to the doctor, she charged at him with full force and ripped his chest apart and the doctor was no longer crying. 

"She-she's my daughter", Shekar said. "Give me the gun, doc", I said. "SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!", he yelled again and let out a cry. Outside of the base, I heard gun shots which caught both Dr. Shekar and my attention. But I did not have time to think about that. 

"She's not, look at her. SHE'S NOT HUMAN", I panted, knowing that any second the undead would notice us two when she was done taking that man's life. "Please, Ashley's only fourteen. She's there, she's alive. She-she's got school tomorrow", Dr. Shekar pleaded. What was he talking about? 

"She turned fourteen last month, she's starting high school, soon. Please leave her be. ", he cried and sank down to his knees, but still holding the gun towards me, although his grip had loosened. He's creating a fake reality to disguise the trauma, I reasoned. "Dr. Shekar, tell me more about Ashley.", I started, slowly edging towards him. "I can h-heal her, she's just sick that's a-all, I have to take her to that c-concert..." and then he trailed off which gave me the perfect opportunity to snatch the gun away from him. It snapped him out of his thoughts and I pointed the gun at the girl and surprisingly, it shot her right in the head. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO, NO!", Shekar cried and charged at me with a nearby metal rod but on his back, latched someone. The woman from earlier, which the girl had attacked had turned into an undead. She dragged Dr. Shekar away and started tore his skin apart. 

Now's my chance, and I quickly got up and raced towards the door. But the woman left Shekar's lifeless body and was running towards me. I tried to shoot at her but the bullets had run out and what brought me even more luck was the fact that the man from earlier had also gotten up. 

Now, two undead were running towards me, and I was helpless. I kicked the door and as soon as I got out, held my back against it in order to keep it shut. I did not have enough time because both of them were pounding against it, trying to bust it open. 

I felt weak and I couldn't hold on any longer. Just as I was about to give in, I heard my name being yelled, "DIANA!"

It was the sweet, oh so sweet voice of Dylan.

A/N: This was a long, sad one. Please try to vote, comment and share, it gives me so much motivation to write for you guys! Thank you for being so patient! xxx