𝟙 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕕 ℍ𝕒𝕠𝕣𝕚

Sanemi couldn't believe that out of all people, he was paired up with Giyuu Tomioka. Everyone knew the Wind Pillar despised the loner, even Giyuu himself.
And yet, the two traveled with each other at this very moment. Just the two of them. Together.

Both demon slayers were heading towards a cold and foggy mountain, where a village lurked nearby. Apparently, loads of human beings were going missing. There was even a rumor that a woman heard their screams fading away, then being cut off. It was like they were being dragged to the mountain to be devoured.

Giyuu and Sanemi arrived at the entrance of the village, both proceeding with caution.
Sanemi breathed in deeply. He sensed some sort of flowery perfume, his energy slowly slipped away. Giyuu started breathing through his mouth, Sanemi did the same.

"Such an annoying blood demon art. . ." Sanemi muttered.
"I predict that the deeper we go in, the scent will become stronger. . ." Giyuu speculated.
"Wowww," Sanemi said sarcastically, "I predicted you wouldn't even speak at all during this mission. To be honest, this is the first time I've heard your voice in decades. ."

Giyuu sighed, "Let's head in. ." Sanemi rolled his eyes.
The two pillars dashed deeper into the village, sensing the smell of blood. The source came from a small house, Sanemi recklessly kicked down the door.
   Inside, they found a young man crouching in fear, covering his nose. He must've picked on the that the sweet scent knocked out others unconscious.

   The demon looking down on the man shot her head back to the future couple— I mean the two Hashira. . . (That was "TOTALLY" a mistake.) She ran her sharp nails through her waist-length, straight dark purple hair,
   "Oh, I sense something—" She dashed faster than the blink of an eye, hiding behind the Water Pillar, "Two Hashira. .now for a man, you're quite a beauty! Strong too—
   Giyuu kept his blank face, he swung his blade, slashing the demon. He aimed for the neck. Sanemi was already behind her, attacking the man-eating being.

   But, once the two blades touched her, her body vanished, multiple purple hyacinths delicately falling on the floor in her place.
   The young man that once cowered in fear crawled towards the other dead victims, shaking them by their shoulders. He hugged them, quietly sobbing. Suddenly, from the darkness of the building, midnight purple colored vines wrapped around Tomioka, attempting to drag him into the shadows.
   Giyuu reacted as quick as possible, performing a move that sliced everything in his path. The vines disintegrated, only to find the actual demon behind the blue eyed man once again, her hand resting on his neck. Sanemi decapitated her head clean off, as she'd forgotten that the scarred man was the current 2nd strongest pillar.

—     ♡ ♡ ♡      —

   "Such a pity! I couldn't be able to devour your gorgeous face. . . Your scarred man must be quite lucky to have you as his partner. . I wonder how Akira-Chan and Azuki-Kun is doing on killing the others—
   She faded away.
   Giyuu commented, ". . . .Did she speculate that we were dating—
   "Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Sanemi said.

   ". . ."

   "Are you two. . .hunters?" The man asked.
   Sanemi explained the whole thing about the demons. (I'm too lazy to explain. 👍) Giyuu stood there in silence, in disbelief on what the demon's last words were. He'd never expected her to compliment his face. Then again, that wasn't the first time his opponent admitted his attractive looks. . .
   But, what kept on coming back to him was how she felt as if the Water and Wind Pillar were together. . .

   "Tomioka," Sanemi reminded him, "That man-eating creep said something about more demons— I'm heading into the mountain."
   "I was thinking the exact same. . ." Sanemi walked past him already.

   The pair sprinted into the foggy mountain, hearing the nearby cry of what seemed to be a young girl. The two of them ran deeper into the mountain, witnessing a demon devouring a teenage boy.
   "Please stop it—please stop hurting him!" The child cried.
   Another demon charged towards the girl, Sanemi blocked her, releasing four vertical claw-like marks onto the opponent. Giyuu went after the other one, executing a fast and accurate thrust with his weapon, pushing the demon out of the victim's way. However, the demon performed his blood demon art. . .

   Out of nowhere, only Giyuu heard some eerie, high pitched sound. He winced, and that was when the demon made a huge mistake. . .

   The mistake of ripping Tomioka's mismatched haori.

𝓦𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮:

   Well, hope you enjoyed the very first chapter! Btw hate comments won't even be read so don't waste your time typing in useless words!
   Also, I can guarantee that the demon who ripped Giyuu's haori will probably be slaughtered soon! ^^ Anyways, see you in the next part!

   You've Read: 808 Words

   Bye! 👋 <3