Chapter 1

Agastya POV

Amelia, the girl that was like a hurricane that came crashing down on me, disrupting my planned life. Someone that annoys me, irritates me, rattles me but at the same time someone that brings me at peace, makes my heart flutter like a fucking butterfly, makes me feel jittery.

My Amelia. My sweet, chitchat and chirpy Amelia.

"Agastya, you can't do this. I am your mother." Mother's voice brings me out of my thoughts. I looked away from the floor to ceiling window showcasing the world beneath me while I stood at the top of the building. The small cars, people and buildings feathering the ground like insects.

I ignored my mother's voice and took a sniff of the cigarette.

"Do you think I wasn't prepared for this when I noticed you removing every loyal person of mine from your office, from politics, from every place. Do you think I didn't have an insinuation of this?"

I turn. With slow and lazy steps I walk towards my table and rub the bud of the cigarette on the ashtray.

I sigh, tiredly.

I am tired. I haven't slept for days.

With lazy eyes I look up at her. In these months she has turned haggard. With shrunken and wrinkled cheeks, thin arms. Through her eyes, blazing with dominance and power were still the same.

But it won't be long before that dominance and power blazing in her eyes will vanish in thin air. I don't hold any grudge against her. I just want to have the complete power, otherwise she will do something again to take something of mine away. Agham was first, Rahul my best friend was second and Amelia was third.

"And do you think I tried to hide it?" I asked. I grab the paper weight, shaped in an oval, and roll it around my fingers. I sit on the edge of the table and make myself comfortable.

She glares at me.

"A suggestion of mine. Lead a stress-free life now." And I mean this. "You have worked hard since he stepped down from the throne. Now ease your mind and live peacefully. Enjoy the things you never could."

"I will decide that for myself." She snaps. "It is because of me where you are today. You were incompetent for the throne. It was I that made you perfect."

I clutch the paper weight to ease my anger.

"It was because of me where I am today." I grit out. I get on my feet and trudge towards her, stopping an inch away from her. She looks up at me with fire burning her eyes. "I was able to handle everything unlike Agham who got killed because of you,..." Instantly her face twisted in sheer anger, "your stubbornness killed my best friend. So don't you dare say it is because of you."

"Agham didn't die because of me. He died because he was soft hearted." She says in a sheer attempt of defencing her acts.

My left jaw ticks in anger. I poke the upper side of my mouth with my tongue to control myself.

"Leave. Before. I. Do. Something. Which. I. Will. Regret." I grit out.

Her actions make me want to kill her.

With a glare, she steps back, swirls and leaves. Her bodyguard trails behind her. He is a man who came with mother after the marriage. He is a man in his late 60s but with a great build.

I look up and heave a breath.

She still doesn't have an ounce of realisation. Agham was not soft hearted. He never was. He always tried to keep me away from heir teachings. But the burden only grew as he grew up. He was 3 years older than me. And finally when he was 10 he couldn't take it anymore. The constant jabs from mother, who was still sore from Virendra's step down from throne and his constant acts to put us down, made Agham take his life away.