Chapter 25

Amelia POV

“Your highness, you still need some rest.”

My eyes fluttered behind Agastya towards Aman, who stood behind Agastya with his head bowed. And suddenly Agastya grabs my chin and brings my attention back to him.

“Eyes on me, Amelia.” he says, curtly. He caresses my lips with the pad of his thumb.

“I will rest when I want. You leave.” he says referring to Aman while still holding my jaw, keeping my line of sight on himself. His eyes, looking down at me. He leans down and takes my lips in a kiss.

My hands land on his belly and I try to push him back. Instantly he groans in pain and pushes himself away. I flinched, realising I pushed on his wound and pulled my hand back.

I look down and see the bandaid on his ribcage visible through his unbuttoned shirt.

“Shit.” I cup my lips and I look up at him with a pained expression and say, “I am so sorry. I…I didn't…”

He cuts me off by pecking my lips and says, “It’s okay and as for hurting me you can stop pushing me.” He tucks my hair behind my ears and says, “I don't know why but it kind of hurts when you push me away.” He pushes back my hair with that troubled expression.

His hands come around my shoulders as he gets beside me and starts walking, pulling me with him.

Silently I let him pull me because I couldn't understand what was happening, but most of all I was happy that he was okay and was on his feet. 

I smile as a weird peace settles down in my heart. 

“She will rest in my room.” I come out of my thoughts hearing Agastya's voice. “Bring whatever is needed there.” 

The nurse to whom he was ordering nods her head as he takes me away. The same nurse whom I had seen when I woke up.

“I am comfortable in that room.” I say. He stood too close to me. I could feel him everywhere with his hand on my shoulders, “And can you remove your hand? It's quite heavy.” and it is. It was like a heavyweight was dumped on my shoulders.

He pecks the side of my head and says, “Why would you need to stay in that room when I have a nice room.” He completely ignored the shoulder comment.

“I don't want to stay in your room.” I snap. And he stops. Instantly a feeling of guilt seeps in me. 

It is because of me he went through that accident and is now dressed in bandages. I look at him to see him already looking at me.

“It’s not my room. It's our room.” he says, curtly as he stops walking.

“No, it….”

I get cut off by Aman. I look back as he says, “Miss, Amelia, can I…..”

“HOW DARE YOU CUT HER OFF.” I flinch at Agastya's sudden loud voice. He swivels, making me turn as well, coming face to face with Aman, “AND DON'T FORGET IT'S MRS RANDHAWA.”

I stilled, listening to his last word.

Mrs Randhawa.

Mrs Randhawa.

It kept repeating in my head like a record.

“I am sorry, your highness.” Aman says as he drops on his knees with his head bowed. I push Agastya's hand away and take a step back.

I am not Mrs Randhawa. I am not his wife.

He eyes with uncertainty.

“I will talk with Aman.” I say.