ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ/sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴘᴛ.𝟐

(A/n long chapter ahead)

It has been a few days since (Y/n) finally let go of his anger and focus on his training with his team instead.

Right now, he is running on the field with the rest of the team as they practice their shooting and passing.

"Isagi, you missed! Time to switch!" Igaguri points out as Isagi grumbles, making his way out of the court with pout on his face.

(Y/n) silently cooes at the cute sight before continue passing the ball to others. The large screen suddenly buzz and Ego appeared with package yakisoba in his hands as he slurps down greedily.

"Howdy, you lumps of talent."

All attention went to Ego and most of the boys were drooling at the sight of the package meal eaten, (Y/n) sneer in disgust and tuned out the conversation in disinterest.

(Y/n) tuned out the whole conversation as stared into the empty and bland wall in front of him not minding how Ego saw his slugging form and narrow his eyes at the sight of his lazy son.

(Y/n) continues to tune out until he heard Isagi's name being called out. The screen in front of him change into new ranks of team Z, with Isagi being the top while (Y/n) the second.

(Y/n) is now rank #266 below Isagi who is now at the top #265 rank, (Y/n) narrow his eyes at his arm band number and scoff lightly

"I said that finding your weapon was the first condition to be a striker but if you stop after finding it, it'll be a waste," Ego slurps his yakisoba.

"Your next step is figuring out how to best polish that weapon and make it stand out. For example, Argentina's world-class striker Lionel Messi...his weapons are his unique meticulous style of speedy dribbling and his fearsome shots with his left leg. Thanks to those, he's the most outstanding player in the world. Therefore, he continues to reign as the top striker."

Ego clasp his hands together thanking to the god for the food he just ate.

"Your various individual weapons are all different, and that's why the methods of polishing them will be different as well. If you just try to imitate Messi, your own weapons will never shine. Your weapons can turn ZERO into ONE. So, figure out what multiply that ONE by to make it even stronger. Find the plays only you can make.......

Stand out. Talent is just a lump of ore and if you don't smelt and polish it, it's nothing but trash." Ego stare each one of the individual with his void black pupils that sends shivers to others.

The TV screen change again, this time it's showing their next match against Team W vs Team Z.