An Unknown Presence

Enjoy.

(F/n) yawned as soon as her (e/c) eyes fluttered open. Staring at the ceiling in complete silence. She lazily pushed herself up, rubbing her eyes to wake herself from the groggy feeling before swinging her legs to the side of the bed and shivering when it came in contact with the cold floor. She quickly covered her feet with the warmth of her fluffy slippers. She stretched her sore body for a while and walked towards the bathroom. Flicking the light open along the way.

Her droopy eyes stared at the mirror above the sink as she brushes her teeth. Once she was done, she bent down to rinse her mouth. When she raised her head in front of the mirror to make sure there was nothing on her lips, she saw a black figure in the mirror. The figure stood at the centre of the door frame. Instantly, (F/n) turned around, facing away from the mirror only to see nothing at the door.

She clenched her shirt near her heart causing it to crumple as she tried to control her frantic heartbeats. She gulped before shaking her head thinking it was just her imagination.

Then, she continued her morning routine as usual. The fear of the incident that occurred just now remains which made her uncomfortable with her surroundings. Every time she did something, she would run her eyes in every corner of the room to see any suspicious movements, fortunately, there was nothing unusual happened. In the end, she let it slide.

(y/b/n) has already returned to the laboratory he worked at alongside Dr Harry last night. He was supposed to return the day after tomorrow, but an urgent call brings him back earlier. She was sad but was already used to his busy life at the laboratory. If only he was here, she would not be this scared.

A sudden phone ringing brings her out of reverie, she took a deep breath and soon regained her composure before answering the phone.

"Hello, (F/n)?" The voice over there made her frown. She didn't have time to check who was calling her as she was too busy calming her ass down but with that voice, she knew it was Ethan's mother, Mrs Hans.

"Yes, ma'am?" (F/n) politely replied.

"Do you have time to meet today? I have something to give you," despite everyone blaming her for being the cause of Ethan's death, his own mother remained the same gentle woman she know. Never once did she hear grievance nor anger in Mrs Hans'voice.

"Yes, I do. Where do we meet?" As long as people are kind to her, then she would do the same. If it was Maya on the other side, she would just hang up without needing to know what she would say. Knowing Maya, she would only curse at her ceaselessly.

-❖-

The moment she stepped into the diner, she was led by the waitress to a private space. There, sat Mrs Hans with a soft smile on her face.

"Sit (F/n). Have you had breakfast?" (F/n) took a seat across from Mrs Hans and shook her head politely.

"Then eat a lot. I'm not sure if you still like (favourite cuisine)," Mrs Hans sipped her tea gracefully.

(F/n) stared at Mrs Hans for a moment before glancing at the food displayed. All of them are her favourites. It must be Ethan that big mouth who keeps telling about her at his mother. That made her quite embarrassed.

"Why do you want to meet me?" (F/n) asked halfway through the meal.

Mrs Hans wiped her mouth with the napkin before turning to her handbag and pulling something out. It was a brown envelope. She pushed the envelope towards (F/n) who was dumbfounded. Before she could ask what was it, Mrs. Hand took the lead.