Encounter

Enjoy.

Her heart was in her throat when she saw the reason for her fear standing before her. (F/n) crouched down, holding her head tightly, trying to escape reality. She could feel his cold hands making their way towards her shoulders and gave them a light squeeze. She opened her mouth to scream for help but one of his hands quickly reached over and clamped her mouth tightly, muffling her ear-piercing scream. (F/n) started to struggle to get away from her dead ex-boyfriend.

She didn't know how much time has passed when all the fights boiling in her blood disappeared and her limbs started to relax in the arms of her attacker before she fell into a deep slumber. The hand that covered her mouth slowly retract and move to support her back while the other was at the back of her knees. Her motionless body was lifted on the air and Ethan stepped towards the bed before slowly laying her body on the bed.

Ethan stared at her with indescribable eyes. His eyes moved to the door when he heard someone turning the doorknob. He walked towards the corner and stared at the officer named George as he strode inside the room and to the coffee table to put a pink-coloured plastic on it. George glanced at (F/n) who was sleeping soundly for a second before retreating. Ethan glared at his back, disappearing with deep enmity in his electric blue eyes.

George sighed and shook his head. He seriously didn't know how to help her. This is the first time in his life to face such a case. He didn't know how to confront the victim's assaulter. Should he call a shaman? He is clueless about this situation. He still hasn't finished the first case and now he got to handle another case. His frustration caused him to roughly comb his hair, walking out of the room and towards his office table to search for the information he could get from the file Dean has emailed to him.

-❖-

(F/n) fluttered open her eyes and let her eyes wander, her breath stifled at the unfamiliar environment before she realised that she was in the police station. She slowly sat up. She was hoping all of the things that happened were nightmares, unfortunately, it's the reality. Her eyes caught a pink plastic on the table causing her to reach out for it. (F/n) unwrapped the knot and found a pack of sandwiches and a bottle of water inside. She didn't know she was hungry until her stomach growled at the sight of the food, she devours the food to satiate her hunger and thirst.

After she was full, she walked out of the room. Her gaze landed on George who was lying on the couch with a book covering his whole face. She presumed he was sleeping considering he didn't even make the slightest move. (F/n) roamed around in his office to escape from boredom and stopped in front of a wall. It was covered with various frames of achievement certificates. She was amazed as she read about every achievement he had obtained.

Then she heads towards the office table with a stack of papers. She read the paper at the top of the pile that read 'The Top Model Was Kidnapped'. (F/n) gave the paper only a glance before staring at the computer's bright screen. Just as she wants to read the contents, George stirred before waking up. Probably because of her guilty conscience for snooping around, she was a little flustered and stood straight. Her (e/c) eyes met with his eyes. Instantly, George jolted up from the couch.

"Yo-you're awake?" He scrambled to his feet. (F/n) uttered an acknowledgement. She approached him and sat on the couch across from the one George lay on. George sat back on the couch.

"So.. umm," George rubs the back of his neck at his poor attempt to start a conversation. (F/n) smiled in amusement.

"Are you free? Can you accompany me to a place?" (F/n) asked politely. The last thing she wanted is to be alone. She seriously doesn't want to have any unexpected encounter with Ethan again and lose her last bit of sanity that she could barely hold on to. (F/n) silently sighed in relief when George nodded in agreement.