Chapter 11: Gods have visions?

It turns out that moon water is a real thing. The Hunters gave me a white shirt, silvery leggings, a silver jacket and a pair of black combat boots. Then they gave me some moon water and helped me to tidy up my hair and pull it into a long ponytail, bringing out my chocolate-coloured waves in the same way my mums always looked. I decided to put my camp clothes in my bag and strap my swords back around my middle, also keeping my camp neckless on, otherwise I looked just like a Hunter. They were all lovely girls and we joked around pretty much the whole time.

When I was finished, we made our way back to the camp so I could explain what I had seen in my dream to all of them.

Emerging from the foliage, I was greeted with the sight of a campfire and the girls telling Percy and Jason off every time they stood up. I strode over to them to ensure that they hadn't been treated like cockroaches.

Percy was the first to spot me, he stared wide eyed then nudged Jason and pointed in my direction. He tried to stand up to come over to me, but someone told him to sit back down and that they didn't need any help with the fire. She also said that if I wanted to see him, I could go over but it was my choice, not his. I thought this was a little harsh as he had only stood up, but some Hunters were actually scared of being in the company of men, encase something happened, causing them to break their oath to Artemis. I continued my way over to them and sat crouched down in front of the two.

"So, how have they been treating you?" I asked, once the girl was busying herself with dinner.

"Wh- I... Abi, you look amazing!" Jason exclaimed, he and Percy, too, appeared lost for words.

"Oh, come on." I pouted "I don't look that good. Anyway, these Hunters are amazing! And their wolves... I really want a wolf now."

Percy laughed so hard I was worried that he might break his ribs, "You want one of the wolves that wanted to kill Jason and I?"

"You have a Hell-hound called Mrs O'Leary, why can't I have a hunting wolf?" I retorted. Jason stared at Percy like he had gone mad.

"Let me get this straight. You have a pet hellhound called Mrs O'Leary, why?"

"I don't know! Annabeth told me that she was a gift from Daedalus!" I turned my palms up in surrender.

"She is a great dog, but nearly takes up the whole of my mum's living room."

"Why did you put her in an apartment?" I asked my seemingly crazy brother.

Whatever he was going to say didn't matter because the Aundrey came over to us and announced that dinner was ready.

˜"*°•.˜"*°.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

We sat in a circle around a roaring campfire and ate a delicious, thick vegetable soup. I explained our position and what was to happen to Thalia in four days. They were excellent listeners, the Hunters and Artemis; didn't make a noise until I had finished. There was a keeping my feet warm the whole time by sitting on them, she had her head on my lap and let me stroke her. Honestly, Percy should let me get a pet wolf, I would take full responsibility and he had a hell-hound which is much more dangerous. I think.

Once I was finished, we all sat there in silence as they took it in. Some looked at Jason with pity and understanding because he looked on the verge of tears, having to re-listen to his sister's predicament. I just wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and assure him that she was going to be alright, that we were going to save her. However, he was on the other side of the campfire to me because the Hunters insisted that I took every opportunity to get as far away from boys as I could.

Instead, all I could do was give him a small, supportive smile and hope that he got the message.

"So, so Thalia's been captured by some cyclopes and they want to kill her." Artemis choaked out the word 'kill'.

"But they can't, can they?" I asked and, suddenly, all eyes were on me. Like I've mentioned before, I don't enjoy having all the attention on me (the fight with Drew was different though). "I mean, she can only die in battle, right? If she doesn't fight them, maybe they won't be able to."

"If only it were that easy." Artemis sighed, "I appreciate your optimism and I trust that you will be able to save her in time. Really, Abigail, you would make a fine Hunter. Alas, I have had my own vision and the... these forces are capable of creating weapons that can slay immortals. I thought that they were dead, I hoped that they were dead..." Her voice trailed off and I looked worriedly at Audrey who was on my left. She squeezed my hand and gave me a comforting nod.

The Hunter on my right -Cora- whispered that it was nothing I couldn't handle, that I was strong and brave enough. I appreciated their support so much, maybe I should join the Hunters soon it could be really cool and I love these girls so much. Anyway, I'm getting distracted again, like I do with the wolves.

Finally, Mayven spoke up, "Um, My Lady. What did you see in your vision? Who are they up against that have Thalia?" The concern in her voice was heart-breaking. I suspected that she was a mortal who hadn't been a Hunter long from the way she looked at Jason, Percy and me, like we were the most interesting specimens from another planet.

"Not here, not now. I'm sorry but I am forbidden to say. Soon, hopefully, I will be permitted to do so. In the mean-time, focus on your quest, focus on the present and focus on saving Thalia. For me, for all of my Hunters." Was Artemis's eyes filling with tears? Oh, Gods. Who were we up against, for the first time I realised how much a God or Goddess can care about a mortal. Thalia was one of her lieutenants, I had no doubt that she was a strong and worthy Hunter, we had to save her.

The others murmured and wriggles on the logs that they were sitting on, the fire suddenly didn't seem as bright and welcoming. Whatever Artemis had seen, it was powerful, powerful enough to kill an immortal. Cora squeezed my hand comfortingly, there was a grief-stricken look in her eyes like we had already lost her friend.

"We will find and save her. You said that you thought these... whatever they are had probably been killed before? Let's assume that was a long time ago and they reformed and came back. If they had been killed before, we can kill them again, and we will save Thalia, I promise." Multiple Hunters looked up at me with such hope that it made me hope that I could keep that promise. I should be able to.

The sun was starting to set and we were being taken to the tents that we were going to be staying in. I had noticed that the boys hadn't uttered a word in that conversation, I decided to go over and check up on them.

"Hey," I started, jogging over to the mouth of the tent they had been allocated. "Are you both ok? You were so quiet."

"Oh, yeah. Fine. They just told us not to speak." Jason grinned at me and I suddenly felt a surge of hope that we could save Thalia and come back alive. "Also, you did so well! I've never seen you talk so much in public."

And he looked genuinely proud of me, I couldn't help but blush and smile at the ground. It was the most that I had said to a large group, usually I'm just the quiet one who sits and listens, but I just felt so close to these Hunters already.

"Pup, you look exhausted. Common, lets get you to bed." Percy wrapped his arm around me and gently lead me to where the three sleeping bags had been set up. I didn't even protest, just lent my head into his chest and let him take me. My eyelids were starting to feel so heavy, that was strange. I wasn't feeling tired a moment ago, but now I felt like I could sleep forever. Had Percy learnt how to charm speak?

Anyway, he helped me into bed and exchanged a worried look with Jason, but I wasn't really paying attention to them. The sleeping bag was so warm and comfy, I simply crashed. It was like someone had pressed the off button on me and let me fall into a long, dreamless sleep. No dreams were always a bad sign.