Chapter 8

After we had made sure there weren't any more strange creatures around Artemis went to report to Olympus on the Wendigo's appearance and to be on the lookout for any more.

Meanwhile, I decided to go pay a certain someone I hadn't been able to muster up the courage to face perhaps it had been after hearing what Artemis had said in the illusion it reminded of what I had to do.  

"Thank you for bringing me here Dad. I'm still not sure how to do that flashing teleport thing you guys do." I told him and he chuckled.

"Well for that you'll have to be able to use your true divine form." He explained.

"Oh yeah and how do I do that...?"

"I dunno I was born in my true form ." He shrugged nonchalantly and I had to resist the urge to smack him.

"Maybe Athena is right about you having nothing but barnacles in your brain..." I muttered to myself.

"What was that you little sh-" 

"Oh look there's the place." I pointed out and shifted out direction over.

"We aren't done talking about what you said!" He grumbled.

"I dunno what you mean father I didn't say anything." I shrugged and acted oblivious. 

We went up a small flight of stairs until we were at the doorstep. I have to admit I've been Tortured for an eternity in Tartarus and had my heart ripped out after watching Annabeth die but nothing at all can prepare me for what may be coming next.

I gulped down my saliva and with a trembling hand I lightly knocked on the door. I heard a pair of footsteps approach and the door slowly creaked open.

"I'm sorry but I won't be buying any–"

Her eyes went wide open and I felt a lump form in my throat as I barely managed to choke out some words.

"H-hey mom...I'm back."

Without skipping a beat she pulled me into a hug and began crying, "Percy my baby boy you're alive!"

I felt all of my worries melt away and for a moment I was nothing more than a child wanting to feel the warmth and love from his mom.

-/-

It took a few minutes for her to stop crying and let us in and greet my dad who she hadn't noticed was there. Until finally scolding me for not contacting her as soon as I had finished the quest but in the end she was glad I was okay.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sorry Mom it won't happen again I promise." I smiled at her.

"I swear young man, I feel bad for how much Annabeth will have to put up with you." She said completely unaware of the truth.

"Ha...I'm sure she will." I lied but my face revealed the truth. I hadn't realized it but tears were streaming down my face Unfortunately I couldn't force my tears to dry like water.

"Percy...What happened please tell me." Mom pleaded with tears beginning to swell.

I nodded and began from the beginning, from how I had woken up with no memories one day and was in the middle of nowhere.    The Roman camp my trip to Alaska to fight an invincible Giant and my reunion with Annabeth and our eventual fall into Tartarus.