Outcomes of Acting.

We linked some of Fitzroy's men outside as they pushed towards Fink's leading house of operations. As one might expect, this wasn't an easy task to complete because there was a proper army between us and where I thought Booker might have been. There were armies against each other, and the scale of the battle some increased. I was tired, but my body ran off adrenaline despite that. I don't think I would have been able to go on much further without the use of the vigor I introduced to my system, however.

I knew this to be especially true when we had to hijack an airship before reaching the interior of FInk's place. Elizabeth and I had to ride the Skyrail to take it out, but we still had to force ourselves through more of Comstock's soldiers. Perhaps I was becoming humble, or maybe it was because I just wanted to get to a break, but after taking down the airship, I didn't feel much better about our situation. No more hopeless, no more hopeful...Elizabeth, on the other hand, was ecstatic about it, however.

As we made it up to the first flight of stairs, she grabbed me and pulled me back before we could rally with the rebels. She called me by my name and held my hands. It wasn't romantic, but it still gave me butterflies as I stared into her blue eyes. She was smudged from the engine smoke but looked no less striking. "That was amazing!"

She praised me for the takedown of the airship. I tried to say something, but she kissed me. My butterflies got in order; it didn't feel romantic either, but I felt a jolt of energy shoot inside of me as I had just had the world's most effective coffee enter my bloodstream directly.

  "The gates are open!" Someone shouted, rudely interrupting our moment. "NOW LET'S TAKE THEIR HEADS!"

I held Elizabeth in my hands, my eyes still wandering around her features like it was the first time I'd ever seen her. She smiled at me with her cheeks turning scarlet. "Was that too much?"

I heard the doors behind us at the top of the stairs burst open. "Maybe you should do that more for me every time we get done with something?"

She tilted her head, her eyes narrowing. "Then you better keep doing impressive feats, [Y/N]."

  "You need to say no more if a kiss from you is what I get as a reward."

I wanted this moment to last longer than it did, but the burst of machine gun fire and explosives wasn't doing much for me in the romance department. It was just my luck to find a lover interested in a place like this...

Fink. MFG...The place was in shambles, and their defenders were falling like flies. They couldn't withstand us. Even without Booker being here, it felt like we were gaining ground against Comstock's soldiers– there was no hope for them. This rebellion was tearing down the fountain of Columbia's manufacturing limb-to-limb.

  "Daisy said she was coming here for Fink, so Booker shouldn't be far, right?" Elizabeth said as we ran through the wartorn lobby.

  "There's probably an elevator nearby. We'll that up to the offices– Fink's office."

We filtered inside the elevator and saw the factory still producing hardware and other types of machinery. Bullets, crates of vigor, vending machines, and, I'm sure, weapons. Despite our uplifting interaction with each other after taking down the airship, the mood quickly turned solemn here as we watched the products being made as we ascended to the offices.

Elizabeth scoffs. "They're just right for each other, aren't they?"

  "Who?"

  "Fitzroy and Comstock," she crosses her arms, her gaze fixated out the window. Our faces flash as we pass a floor with the sentry gun blasting targets with their jacketed slugs. Since I didn't say anything, I suppose, Elizabeth continued. "May Lin... Mr. Lin... My God, I... I was so set on getting to Paris... I didn't really think that–"