Chapter 2 - Bulma

Hey!

Here is the second chapter of my story. I really hope you like it :)

I enjoy A LOT writing this story. I can't wait to share with you what I have in mind. :3

Have fun! xx

Chapter 2 - Bulma

In the far reaches of downtown West City, a sleek car pulled up. The hum of the engine echoing off the walls of the skyscrapers stopped dead when the driver turned it off. The alley in which she had parked instantly became silent.

A silence that was quickly broken when the passenger side door opened.

"Frankly, I still don't understand why you don't want to park on the main street," said a high-pitched voice.

The driver got out of the car, readjusting her high-waisted denim shorts. She wobbled a little on her high heels before pressing a switch hidden under the car's body. Immediately, the latter disappeared in a cloud of smoke, and the woman bent down to pick up the tiny capsule that had replaced it.

"For the hundredth time, Chi-Chi, I want to avoid attracting attention. And the best way to do it is to get there on foot, and certainly not with my Bugatti Divo," the woman said dreamily, carefully placing the precious capsule in a small metal case she stuffed in her purse.

"But my feet hurt already! I haven't been out for years. I'm not used to wear these horrors anymore," she complained, pointing at the black high-heeled lace-up sandals she was wearing. "And since when, you, Bulma Briefs, don't want to attract attention, huh? This is new?"

"You just had to wear more comfortable shoes. I had already warned you before I went to get you."

"You told me we were going to a nightclub. What was I supposed to wear? My sneakers?"

"Why not?"

Chi-Chi began to walk down the sidewalk, nervously smoothing her black hair over her shoulders. Her friend followed suit and put her arm around hers.

"Because they are covered with mashed potatoes I cooked yesterday. And because I wanted to. The last time I dressed up was when I got married. Can you imagine? Gohan just turned seven! It feels good to feel pretty once in a while."

"And you did well! You really are beautiful my friend."

"Thank you," cooed Chi-Chi. "If you had seen Goku's face when I left! I almost didn't come tonight!"

Bulma grimaced when Chi-Chi gave her a knowing wink. She quickly dismissed the image the comment had conjured up in her head.

"Where did you find this dress? It gives you a beautiful neckline."

"Look who's talking! Have you seen yours? If only I could have half the breasts you have," she replied, looking down at her small breasts, pouting.

Bulma glanced down at her own cleavage. She tugged on her yellow crop top and noted with satisfaction that the square neckline of it was very flattering on her curves.

"You know Yamcha will be there tonight, huh?" Chi-Chi asked promptly.

The young woman tensed.

"Krillin already told me," she replied, looking straight ahead to avoid her friend's analytical gaze.

"This is the first time you will see each other since your breakup."

"Hum hum..."

Chi-Chi squeezed Bulma's arm, knowing the delicate nature of the topic. The separation was recent and the scar, still fresh and fragile.