Chapter 22 - Bulma

Ohhh... I'm so sorry in advance for the end of this chapter :3

Don't worry, I'm trying to write the next one at high speed!

Thanks again so much for the reviews :D

xx

Chapter 22 – Bulma

"So, what's your plan? Come on, you could tell me."

Bulma rolled her eyes. Raditz had asked her the question three times already. And the answer was always the same.

"No."

The Saiyan sighed theatrically.

"At least I tried. It's annoying, Human. I really don't know why Vegeta gives you permission to speak to Frieza with so much freedom."

"He trusts me. You could try too" Bulma replied, looking straight ahead, the white sheet tight around her shoulders.

"Pfff! Vegeta doesn't trust anyone but himself."

Raditz spoke his last sentence with very little conviction, as if something made him doubt his own words. He walked at her side with a solid step, guiding her through the labyrinth of corridors leading to the Command Room. He had been assigned the task of delivering her to Frieza, while Vegeta and Nappa had stayed in the Quarters to "take care of the Kordylipe".

Bulma shivered as she thought about the meaning of the words the Saiyans had used.

"What's wrong with you?" Raditz asked, feigning concern. "The damsel in distress is finally starting to falter, isn't it?"

"Not at all!" she said, lifting her chin. "I'm cold, that's all. Did you see me? I'm barely dressed, and this sheet is so thin I can see trough it! And... I'm still covered in this filthy, smelly black thing!"

"It's called blood, honey."

"Blood is red and hot. This is cold, viscous and sticky! It's disgusting!"

Raditz shrugged, chuckling.

"I can assure you blood doesn't look the same from one species to another."

"Oh and how do you know that? You've seen the blood of many aliens?"

"Karchi, I sometimes drink it for breakfast. Of course I do."

Bulma shivered again. Saiyans intrigued her a lot, but she had to admit they could give her the chills sometimes. It was best to change the subject if she didn't want to betray her fear.

"Karchi..." she repeated, trying to imitate the intonations Raditz had used when speaking. "What does that mean?"

The Saiyan stretched his arms in the air, then placed his hands behind his head as he continued to walk with a surprisingly light step despite his imposing build. Bulma couldn't help but think that this posture gave him an innocent, somewhat familiar look.

"It's Saiyan. My native language. It's the equivalent of saying "my dear".

The woman rolled her eyes for the second time in less than a minute.

"My name is Bulma. And I prefer to be called this way."

Raditz laughed heartily, a strangely comforting sound.

"Okay... Karchi Bulma" he laughed.

The woman was unable to suppress the smile growing on her lips.

Of the three Saiyans, she was happy it was Raditz who accompanied her for this walk through the ship. Vegeta was much less talkative and the situation with him was rather tense. Nappa was quite scary, with his ton of muscles, his mustache and his extra tight black panties. Raditz, on the other hand, was more jovial and approachable. With him, the discussion was fluid, easy.