Chapter 23 - Bulma

Hello! Here is the chapter some of you have been waiting for! I hope you like it :)

I feel like all the previous chapters were just kind of a set up, and from now on, the story can really take off. I am SO excited to write the next chapter (the next chapter is already in progress!)

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view...) I am going on a trip for the next three weeks. Therefore, I won't be able to write during this time, so don't be surprised if the next chapter takes a little longer to be published. But it will come, be sure!

Thanks again for all the reviews guys, it really is a motivation to continue!

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 23 – Bulma

11 years ago

"Never again! Do you hear me? I'll never get back with him! Ne-ver!"

After her proud exclaiming, Bulma raised her elbow and swallowed her fourth glass of wine. She downed the liquid in one long gulp and placed her cup on the garden table to pour herself another. She and Chi-Chi were on their second bottle, all found in Mrs. Briefs' personal cellar.

"Oh Bulma" Chi-Chi sang as she took a sip of the expensive liquid. "This wine is even better than the previous one!"

Bulma took her own glass (filled much more than usual) and drank it again. She adjusted the straps of her bikini a notch before collapsing on one of the chairs placed in front of the outdoor pool of Capsule Corp estate.

"You're daaamn right" she agreed, raising her arms to enjoy the last sunrays of the day.

The two friends had arranged to meet up a little earlier to enjoy the nice weather, as well as to manage the existential crisis Bulma was currently going through. Chi-Chi, who did not have the luxury of owning a heated swimming pool, a private sommelier and an army of chefs, had rushed to the Briefs' home to help her best friend, whose love life disasters distracted her from her quiet and serene relationship with Goku.

"He'll come back begging to take him back in a few days. I'm sure of it" she said.

"Ha!" Bulma exclaimed, raising her glass. "And I'll be happy to welcome him... with a good kick in the ass!"

Chi-Chi smiled as she took off her sunglasses. The sun was no longer strong enough to justify her wearing them.

"You'll forgive him eventually" she said, laughing. "You do it all the time."

"Not THIS time!" Bulma replied firmly.

The young woman set her glass aside to hide the tremolo threatening to resurface. She poured herself another one before continuing.

"Before, it was for trivial things" she continued. "Like that time he completely forgot my birthday. Or when he canceled our romantic weekend at the last minute to train Kami knows where. But this... Chi-Chi, THIS is serious. This is unforgivable, and he'll never see the color of my sheets again. I swear!"

"It's true that he was a bit of an idiot this time" Chi-Chi conceded.

"A bit?! He was the biggest asshole, you mean! I caught Yamcha kissing another girl! Can you imagine?! He kissed her! In front of me! The idiot can't even get away with his lies now!"

Chi-Chi took another sip of wine and began to pick at the leftovers on her plate.

"Do you think they slept together?" she asked hesitantly.