Chapter Seven - Killer

I'm a little surprised. Hate isn't supposed to work that way. Only someone who kills will begin to accumulate hate. Hate doesn't latch onto random people, making them kill. It only lives in a murderous soul. It doesn't just come from nothing.

"Is there a way to get rid of this hate?" Nightmare asks. Undyne responds, "No. A power like that has only been known to exist in the original AU. Where you will find the original Sans." I hear Dust scoff. I see his attitude towards the original Sans hasn't changed. I don't like him that much either, but it's not like I spit on his very existence.

"Whether you like that or not, that's going to be our next place of business," Nightmare casually says. "We won't come back until your Sans is saved."

Nightmare teleports us once again.

This doesn't look like the Underground. Tall buildings and asphalt suggest this is the surface. And we're standing in the middle of a street.

I'm a little concerned on what the plan is supposed to be. What if someone questions us, making this harder than it needs to be?

"Um," I speak up, "If you don't mind me asking, what's the plan?" "We need to find the human of this AU," Nightmare responds. "And talk to them privately." That's where I perk up, "Leave that to me." Nightmare grips my shoulder, speaking in warning, "Don't threaten them." "You got it boss," I say with a salute.

It doesn't take me long to find a group of monsters hanging out and laughing. If the Sans or the Papyrus is there, the human will be. Eventually I'm led to the monsters in question. And, as I assumed, the human is with them.

Finding them going unnoticed is easier than saying "hi." Hiding in the shadows and stalking around for a target is what I do. I usually have to hide the appearance of my soul, as its soft glow will give me away in the dark.

When everyone is turned away, the human has noticed my presence. From how focused their eyebrows seem to be, they still can't see me. But they at least know that someone is there. I uncover my soul. Now they appear to be worried.

I point my finger out to them, and motion for them to come this way with it. They look behind them where everyone else went. I whisper their way, "You'll want to hear this." They turn their attention back to me, and eventually they slowly make their way towards me. Probably filled with fear, but also can't contain their curiosity.

Upon approaching me, they flinch at my appearance. "Sans?" they ask. I smile and shake my head slightly, "I'm not your Sans, kid." They furrow their eyebrows distrustfully, "Who are you?" "The name's Killer. You're Frisk, right?" They nod, still unsure how to address me.

"So," I start, "The story is, there are other versions of us. Me and my friends are bad guys, but the good guys turned into bad guys. And now they're a much bigger threat than we ever were, because all they know how to do is kill and destroy, when we only did it when we got too bored. We may not be the best of guys, but we don't pose a threat to every AU. For instance, we never dared to touch this AU, the original, because then we'd be screwing with every alternate life, and that was never really our cup of tea. But they just might come here just to find us, and kill anyone who gets in their way. They've forgotten who they are, and we're trying to save them. So I've got a question for you. Who has the power to destroy hate?"