Chapter One - Swap/Blueberry

(Blue's Alignment: Neutral Good)

"I wonder if he would be mad if I said that," I scratch my chin, thinking out loud. "Hmm. Oh who am I kidding. He'll love it if I said that! There may be...obstacles, but it's nothing the magnificent Sans can't handle!"

My body goes stiff. The feeling of being watched. I turn my head... "Oh! Hello there reader! My! You startled me! I had no idea you were here! Which is strange because my guard is never down!" I let my starry eyes sparkle. "I wonder what brought you here. Maybe...you wanted some tacos?!" I show my excitement towards the food I mention with a bigger smile and my starred eyes with an overwhelming amount of sparkle. "Don't you worry! I'll make you some right away!"

I dash to the kitchen to prepare my famous tacos. I keep my adorable smile on while humming as I take out the ingredients for said food.

Just then, Papy walks through the front door. "Hey bro," he says first. I reply, "Papy! Sorry, I'm making tacos! How was your day?" His reply is always the same. "Pretty boring," he says, lying on the couch.

An urge, I feel. I grit my teeth unknowingly as I began to fry the taco meat. I am not myself. However, cooking is taking my attention.

"How 'bout you?" Papy asks, bringing my attention back to my smile. "Oh! Alphys took me to see the Queen today!" "Oh?" "Yeah! She told her how skilled I really am! Toriel's considering making me an official member of the Royal Guard! Lately, I've been letting Alphys see what I'm really capable of. She says she's very impressed and she already accepted taking me to see Toriel!" "How'd you show her? You mean you fought with her?" "Yeah! That's what training is, Papy!"

The next thing I hear is the front door slamming. He's probably mad at Alphys. Why did I think he'd love it when I said that? What obstacles was I talking about again?

Normally I would try and prevent a fight. But for some reason, I don't think anything of it.

I feel like I've become a different person. Being smiley and full of energy is exhausting. Have I really been like that all my life?

The taco meat is cooked and I turn the fire off. I get the toppings from the fridge and place them next to the taco shells I took out earlier. Sour cream, shredded cheese, a palm sized tub of diced tomatoes, and the same thing of lettuce.

I turn to the reader with my sweet smile, and gesture to the counter. "It's done! Fix it how you like! I really hope you'll enjoy!"

"I also hope you'll enjoy this story you're reading! Which so happens to have me, the Magnificent Sans in it! I'm so honored! However, I don't know where this story is going, since I am only a character, so I guess we'll both have to watch it play out, huh?"

My fingers curl and tense. I have an urge to... Why? Now that I'm not cooking, I have nothing to distract myself with.

"I know you're not physically here to actually eat these tacos I served you, but I still considered it to be a kind gesture from me to you. I wanted you to feel welcome!"

My smile is faltering. I'm trying too hard to keep up this attitude. I don't think I need it with the reader, but it's just so hard to pretend they're not there. They're just...sitting there, listening to my every word and watching my every move. I guess I have to pretend I'm an actor in front of a camera. A camera that goes into an untouchable universe.