Chapter Eight - Dust

"These bitches became a threat when? Remind me."

Papyrus really is lucky I'm the only one that can see him.

The entire area becomes pitch black, and Nightmare is nowhere in sight, as he has created this darkness with his body. Suddenly, we were all teleported by the shadows to surround our three enemies.

And the fight begins.

Used to Nightmare doing this in previous fights, we all begin our first attacks.

I'm focusing on my own attacks, too preoccupied to know how the others are doing.

I send in bones, which get blocked, I try to use a blaster, but Ink uses one to cancel it out. Then he charges toward me. I react quickly, raising two diagonal bones from the floor to stab at his sides, keeping him immobilized. On instinct, I almost do a finishing blow, but I remember the plan. So I rush to him, only to find that his vials are missing.

Ink takes that opportunity to grab at the bones, turning them to ink, and getting free.

I leave no room to stay surprised, and block his next attack. As I do, I see his black smile, and he says to me, "You don't think we can sense the human magic coming off all of you?"

I panic, as what Ink had expected and he summons a blaster at my side. I almost don't teleport away in time.

Away from the fight, I yell, "Nightmare! They know about our plan! Do we keep fighting?"

I see Ink get occupied with Error, but Blue turns his attention to me after hearing me. He charges in my direction, excited to spill my blood. I prepare myself to block an attack.

But a tentacle snatches him up and throws him to the ground, over and over and over again. I see him drop his knife mid throw, and it clatters to the floor.

I see the darkness slowly dissipate as it travels to one spot on the ground, and Nightmare rises from that spot, still holding a struggling Blue in a tentacle.

"Change of plan. Tell everyone to weaken Dream," he says with a menacing look. "I've got Ink. We'll take this one and Dream once he's weakened." Before taking off, he throws Blue to the ground once more, knocking him unconscious.

I smile, teleporting to the others. "Okay team! New plan! Nightmare says to focus on Dream! He's got Ink and Blue! Let's go!"

"Oh hell yeah," Killer comments. Error groans in annoyance after being forced to tear his attention away from Ink.

Dream laughs, "No matter how many you are, you are still no match for-"

Killer interrupts by teleporting behind him, and kicking him in his skull, knocking him down. "Shut the fuck up, you little bitch," he spat.

"Hahaha! That's right! That's how you shut the bitch up!"

Papyrus...

As a response, Dream immediately extended out a tentacle and wrapped it around Killer's head. "Now, now," Dream taunted. "We wouldn't want a repeat of the last fight, would we?" He teleports Ink and Blue, who is now awake, to his side.

Error is the one who mutters, "Shit."

Someone has to take an opportunity! I summon a long bone and slice the tentacle holding Killer. He collapses to the floor and I pull his hood to drag him toward us. "I owe you one," he says.