Chapter 19

I went back to work still heated. I sat down in my chair and put my head down on my desk.

Someone knocked on my door with me not even being there for two full minutes yet which ticked me off even more.

"Come in!" I yelled.

It was my homegirl Alicia from V.I.P. Dream. I missed working with her. "What's wrong, Kay?" She shut the door behind her with a shocking grin. She knew I was never the type to yell.

"I'm going through some crazy bullcrap right now."

"You want to talk about it?" She sat in the chair across from my desk.

I looked at her and then started thinking what made her come to see me anyway.

"What?" she said reading my face.

"Nothing. What's up?" Maybe whatever it was would just put my mind somewhere else for the moment. She always had the greatest gossip.

"Okay, girl, so guess who's up in the Executive King Suite?" she said talking with her hands.

"Umm..." Then I realized Leila and grunted not wanting to talk about her. I just can't escape her. "Leila."

"Yes, girl, but guess who just came up in here, back entrance, trying to be all incognito going up to see her?"

"Who?"

"Michael-Jackson."

My heart fell.

"The man she's supposed to be divorcing. I knew it wasn't happening. They're up there working things out."

"Working things out?" Everything inside of me just seemed to vanish. I felt so hallow, if I was standing, I would've dropped.

"Just my assumption. I hope so. I love them together."

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Not really but I can keep yours."

I thought about it and changed my mind. I was going to tell her because I had no one else to run to but it wasn't such a good idea. "Never mind but how long has he been up there?"

"Your face is turning red. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Tell me more." I wanted to cry but I just needed her to keep talking. Why was he doing this to me? He told me he was in a meeting! His meeting was with Leila?!

"He came in with a black fedora and one of those black face masks he always wears. But I knew it was him."

"You saw him?"

"Yeah, I was out back smoking a cigarette with Joan on my break."

I was so angry. Just pure anger because I felt lied to. "I think I'm going to go up to see how she's doing."

"Ooooh. I'll come with."

"No. You have no reason to be up there. I'll be back down later to see you and tell you what happened."

After Alicia made me promise her to share the gossip later, I made my way up to Leila's suite. There were two men standing in front of her door. They worked for the hotel so they knew who I was and I didn't think they would give me a hard time.

"She doesn't want to be disturbed," one of them said stopping me from knocking on the door. I glanced at her DO NOT DISTURB sign. "Wow," I said to myself. "I have to ask her something important."

"Miss Johnson, your best bet is to call her. You knocking on the door or ringing the bell won't get her to open this door and you'll only get us on her bad side."