Fourth year|Three|The Party

And, girl, I was made for you
I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me?

Sunday, September 1st, 1974

Barty and Regulus were sitting in a train compartment, ready for their 4th year at Hogwarts and waiting for Evan.

"I was thinking of dyeing my hair this year" Barty said, twirling his hair around his finger. "What colour?" Reg asked, flipping the page in his book.

"Green. But I only want the colour on the tips if that makes sense" Barty explained. "Do it" Reg said.

"Alright lads?" Evan said, opening the compartment door. "There you are, you wanker!" Regulus said, standing up and giving Evan a side hug.

Barty stared at Evan in admiration. His facial features were much more defined, his hair was longer and his curls were also more defined, his eyes were bluer than Barty remembered, and his smile was bigger.

"Got a staring problem, Crouchie?" Evan asked, raising an eyebrow. He had taken to calling Barty Crouchie after hearing Sirius say it.

"Sorry, sorry, how are you? How was your summer?"

"It was great. Spent a lotta time 'round muggles" Evan said, grinning. He pulled a small paper box out of his pocket. He took a cigarette out of the box and lit it with his wand.

Barty and Regulus exchanged confused glances and looked back at Evan.

"Since when D'you do that?" Barty asked. "Since a bloke at a party offered a hit and I accepted" Evan said, taking a drag.

"You went to a party without moi?! I am highly offended!" Barty gasped, clutching his chest. "Oh, calm down you bloody idiot. It wasn't that great" Evan said, waving him off.

The boys sat and discussed their summers until the train started moving. Later on, down the hall, a boom could be heard and black smoke drifted through the train.

"Probably my idiot brother and his friends" Reg muttered.

Sunday, September 1st, 1974

The feast that night was as magnificent as ever. Evan was completely on board with Barty's idea of dyeing his hair. He said it would look "badass".

Of course, some older Slytherins were hosting a back-to-school party. Regulus kept saying he didn't want to go, because of the noise and the people. Barty however, was forcing him to go.

"Reggie, you have to go. We would look like right fools if we went to a party without you!" Barty whined. "You look like fools just existing" Reg retorted.

Evan snorted at that, "Mate, if he doesn't wanna have fun and wants to be gloomy all night, that's his choice" he said.

"Yeah, listen to Rosier" Regulus said. "Nope. You're going. We're your best mates and we have to make you enjoy life!" Barty stated.

"Who's 'we'? I'm letting Black do whatever he wants" Evan said, raising his hands up beside his head.

"You're so helpful, truly" Barty said sarcastically, "please will you go?".

"Fine. I'll go. Stop asking me, you're being very annoying" Reg said. Barty grinned. Evan rolled his eyes and smiled.

Sunday, September 1st, 1974

Just before the party started, Evan helped Barty dye his hair. They could have done it with magic, but doing it the muggle way seemed more fun.

"Watch it, Rosier! I don't want all my hair to be green!" Barty said when he felt the cold hair dye on his scalp.