twelve

Hanbin felt much better the next day. After he and Zhang Hao reconciled, they agreed to spend the day together. Zhang Hao didn't say what he spoke to Jiwoong about just yet, but as long as he was with Hanbin, he couldn't care less. He couldn't help but fall so pathetically for someone he barely knew.

Hanbin soon realised how much he needed Zhang Hao.

The couple held hands as they walked together. Something had clearly changed between them, and Hanbin could tell. He was much... warmer. Happier. It was as if he was excited to be with Hanbin — it made him happier as well. Seeing Zhang Hao smile for no apparent reason made Hanbin glad he decided to be with him.

"Are you still going to leave sooner?" Zhang Hao suddenly asked, turning to face the other. "I don't think I'd be happy if you leave."

"Well, then start saying your goodbyes because you're coming with me," Hanbin told him. "Didn't I say that you're coming with me to Seoul?"

"You know, I didn't take that seriously for a while until you told my mom," Zhang Hao hummed, linking his arm to the other's. "Seeing as she's okay with it... I'll consider it."

"R-really...?!"

"Yes, silly," Zhang Hao laughed with a nod. "As long as you bring me home again, I'll stay with you for a bit."

"You might as well move in with me," Hanbin said carefully to watch Zhang Hao's reaction. "I can help you find an easy job. Since I work as a private video and photo editor, I can support us both."

"A-a job? In Seoul...?! Hanbin-ah, you know how difficult that'll be, right?" Zhang Hao sounded worried, which was a reasonable reaction. "I can't just put myself out there, I'll struggle. I have no experience doing anything like that."

"I'll help you, love."

Zhang Hao could only simper at the other. "Hanbin-ah, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but... reality, okay? You are very dear to me, but... I can't leave this life. Who would help my grandpa?"

"Then I'll stay here with you."

This sudden suggestion caused the Chinese boy to widen his eyes. Hanbin still seemed firm in resolve as they stopped walking to talk seriously to one another. "Hanbin, but... everyone you know is in Seoul. You'll be giving up your life for me. Who's to say that we'll last forever, anyway...?"

"I'm very confident in this relationship," Hanbin said firmly. "I'm not letting you go, Zhang Hao. Either you're coming with me, or I quit my job and stay here."

Zhang Hao leaned forward to press a quick kiss to Hanbin's lips to distract him from the subject — it seemed to work. "I'll think carefully about it over the next few days, okay? Let's not worry about that now."

Hanbin pouted slightly when Zhang Hao put his hands to his cheeks. "You're lucky you're so pretty."

"You're prettier."

"I'm handsome! You're pretty. I feel like it's the right word to describe you," Hanbin spoke gently, leaning into the other's hold. "Did I succeed?"

"In what?"

"Showing you how to love."

Zhang Hao paused for a moment before nodding. "Love is unconditional. Regardless of whatever is happening around me, it doesn't change how I feel about you. Is that what love is?"

"You're right — but love is so unexplainable," Hanbin added. "It's just this... feeling in your chest. It hurts to be without the other person. You keep thinking about him. You imagine a future with him. They feel like your other half — someone who just completes you in the most beautiful way. Is that how you feel?"

Zhang Hao nodded, and Hanbin showed a handsome smile. "Is that how you feel about me, Hanbinnie?"

"Of course."

"Then... I think we're in love."

Zhang Hao believed that his and Hanbin's love story was just starting, but with Jiwoong's determined self, the next few days would be rather difficult. In a panic, Zhang Hao quickly suggested that he spend the night with Hanbin at his house. Although surprised, Hanbin agreed in all excitement, ready to have his first night with Zhang Hao.

His aunt was most excited. With Hanbin's grandfather already in bed and it being nearly 10pm, Zhang Hao and Hanbin could have the rest of the evening together. Hanbin was excited to have Zhang Hao over — it would be his first time having his boyfriend over.

Boyfriend.

The thought made him giddy.

Hanbin stood amidst the cold, deciding to get Zhang Hao halfway so that he didn't have to walk all the way on his own. He spotted the pretty brunette boy walking towards him and waved his hand in excitement to indicate his location.

"Hao...!"

Zhang Hao's smile grew as he neared the other, arms immediately widened in happiness to embrace him in a warm hug. The two held one another for a few warm moments before Zhang Hao pulled away first, eyes meeting Hanbin's excitedly. "I'm so sorry if this request was so sudden, it's just... I don't have the heart to tell Jiwoong to leave me alone, so I just passively left by saying I'll spend the night with you."

"I'm excited to spend our first night together, in any case, so I don't mind at all," Hanbin responded with a grin as he took Zhang Hao's hand in his own while they walked in the direction of his home. "Has Jiwoong tried to do anything to you yet?"

"He thinks I didn't notice, but he tried to hold my hand earlier," the other answered with a slight laugh. "I said I'd be sleeping over at your house and be tried to convince me to stay with him. I just withdrew my hands and said I'd stay for dinner and come to you afterwards."

"Tch — he's so annoying."

"Jealous that I have two hot guys that are into me?"

"... you think I'm hot?"

"If I didn't think you're hot, I wouldn't have asked you to form this relationship with me." Zhang Hao pressed a soft kiss to Hanbin's cheek, causing the other to let out a small smile. "Let's take a bath together."