Chapter 3

Letting Go 

Avantika's pov :

Its been days since Moksh and I broke up. Honestly un-loving a person is much more difficult than actually being in love. Its all easy and nice with the right one. With Moksh it was never as easy but yes he was nice, atleast I would like to believe it. 

It was first day of college, I was clear about staying away from guys because they are all douche bags and nothing good can happen until you start to date a guy who is ready to be a man for you. 

I wore a simple outfit , nothing fancy to gain attention. I always knew college would be the place I will be the best version, but right now nothing feels more inviting than crying in a corner and then ordering a cup of ice-cream. 

Life is full of tragedies and my life full of drama with all fucking things happening at one time.

Mom and dad are discussing about business, so it's safe to say my marriage is also business deal for them. I never dreamt of marrying Moksh because I know my parents won't ever support it because of the cultural difference, but sure I have no hopes of getting a guy who would love me. Business deal marriage sounds good to me. 

I left home for college, and went to my classroom. I scanned the room in a glance and I found a girl who looked like she won't talk and pretty unapproachable. Man, I don't know these kind of people are my type. They would their business and I would mind mine. After Moksh's trauma, I want to go out and explore and not get myself babysitting another person. 

I sat next to her, and as soon as I sat she started talking, why god why? Right seriously? I hope she is nice. 

"You can seat somewhere else also?" She said.

"Hi, I am Avantika, I know I can, but you seem like you could use some company." I said with a smile.

"Hey, I am Cheryl, sure I would love a company." She said smiling back. 

There was something about her, she felt distant but homely also. College atleast gave me a friend. 

"Avanti, you okay? You look like you are about to water the whole of Rajasthan with your eyes." Cheryl said while patting my back.

"Its not like that, I am okay. I just had a breakup few days back." I said trying to hold back the memories. 

"Aww sweetie, how are you holding up? Do you want to talk about it? Lets get out and talk about it. " Cheryl asked with concern.

"That would be nice, thank you so much for doing this. I haven't really talked about the breakup to anyone." I said 

We went to canteen and I told her everything about Moksh and my relationship. There was no detail I left except for the incident. I am not yet ready to talk about it. It was one if my most terrific horrors. 

"Avanti, baby you will find someone who loves you more than that douche bag. He is a piece of shit, why would you date a guy like him? Good thing is you and I are friends, I will approve your guys now and you get to choose from the approved ones only. Lets be happy you got off from a bad relationship. I know it's hard but trust me its the best thing that happened to you. " Cheryl said and it really made me comfortable. She is my first friend in college and she is has been nothing but a sweetheart to me. 

"You are really sweet, I am happy I found you in college." I said smiling through my puffy eyes. 

We were just eating in canteen when Cheryl pointed towards the poster, fest for freshers. 

" We should totally go. It will be fun and we even get to check out some guys." She said happily.

"Sounds like a good idea except for guys part. Lets register, they even have booths." I added as response.