Chapter 9

Pooja

Avantika's Pov:
I reached home pretty late, so it was obvious my parents would be on their way to blame me for all the things I haven't done in my life.

"I don't even know you any more Avanti, what have you turned into? What time is it? Do girls of a good household come home so late? What are you wearing?Again all this? I don't know how much more shame you will bring to this family. Your dad is a very reputed businessman, he built this empire on his own, unlike you. What do you do all day? Go back to your room and tomorrow we have Pooja, be ready at 7 am. We have guests coming over. I want you to be in a saree. Your dad's business partner,Mr Chirag Rawat would be there. He has a son. Be like a good daughter." My mom just busted the information on me.

"Why is Chirag uncle coming? And why do I have to know about his son?" I ask mom, who is gonna give me another reason of how ungrateful and shameful my daughter is.

"Chirag uncle is probably going to be your father in law. Please behave and go back to your room." She yelled at me and so I left the hall and went to my room.

If the news wasn't enough, I have a to deal with the fact my parents have fixed my marriage also? In my life do I have any choice of my own? God, just give me strength.

I quickly change the clothes and take my phone.
I had to text Kanan. He has been so sweet today. He tried to ask me what had happened. I couldn't tell him or anyone else. I want to keep it to me. I already have enough issues at my own to tell someone and have risk of being exposed.

Some truths we can't live with and some truths our loved ones can't live with.
It's better to keep some truths as a hidden facts.

I take my phone and text Kanan.

Avantika: Hey, I reached home a while back. Today was amazing, thank you for letting me win and not forcing me to talk. It was really sweet of you.

He texted me within minutes.

KS: Hey, cookie don't bother yourself so much. I understand you have valid reason not to tell me.

I don't know what it is about him that's so irresistible. He understands the reason even when I am silent?
Is this some kind of test God. I hope you know you are giving a broken heart hope here.

Avantika: Its late, let's sleep. Good night KS

KS: Good night cookie 🍪. Take care

I am unable to sleep. The visit to doctor keeps replaying in my head. It's 3 am in the morning. I get up from bed and slowly go to my study table and take my journal. I write about today, what happened and how I feel about it.

I sit there in silence, until I am asleep on study desk. I woke up to the sound of alarm, it's 5:30 in the morning.

The weather outside looks pleasant. The clouds look beautiful.

I take a shower and then select a blue saree with some silver jhumka and a necklace. I do a light make up and put a bindi.

I go down and see mom and dad dressed up in Indian attire

I go to mom and ask her what I can help her with.

"Just stay away from any boy in the Pooja. Chirag uncle will be here any time. Just behave and stay away from trouble. You can sit in the Pooja." Mom said while instructing all the house servants.

I sit in Pooja quietly and pray to help myself get rid of the pain. To find a way my parents love me again. I hope I find a person who never makes me feel incomplete and never ever makes fun of all the love and care I have to offer.
I sit in Pooja while the priest performs the ceremony.

I heard my parents welcoming someone. It must be Chirag uncle.
I get up and go and touch his feet.

"Be happy my child. She has grown up so much. She looks like she is ready for marriage." Uncle said with a smile.

"Yes, you know brother, they say girls grow up fast. Come inside and take the blessings." Dad welcomed him and took him to the sacred fire.

I was then instructed to take care of the guest and feed them well post Pooja.

I did the things that were assigned to me.
I take a photo and upload it to my WhatsApp status.

I love my look. I like Indian attire so much. It has so much richness and value. People think it's not modern but the modern is the thinking not just clothes.

I then take a shower and change into a comfortable fit. I had nowhere to go except for a walk. I take walks in the evening. I started it after I broke up with Moksh. It helps me calm my mind and also makes me feel good about certain things.I like seeing nature and the weather is also pleasant nowadays.

I take my phone after a quick nap. I had so many notifications, I opened and slowly read them.

Cheryl : Replied to status - you look awesome babe. Sending all the cute guys your photo.

Avantika: Haha, no you are not. Thank you so much.

I reply and then I see Kanan has also replied to my status. Wow he sees my status.

KS : You look gorgeous Cookie.

Avantika: Thank you 🙈

I then replied to the rest of the people who mostly included family members and some old friends who I had lost touch with.

It was a calm day but does Chirag uncle actually want me to be his daughter in law? I am not ready to get married. I want to build my career. I want to become financially independent and then meet a person who is in love with me as much as I am in love with him.

Well anyways I am excited for tomorrow. It's Sunday. We all are going to the marines and then I will take them all to my favourite breakfast spot.

I sleep in bits and pieces. I woke up at the ring of alarm and got dressed.
Kanan would pick up all of us since we decided only to take one car out.

He would pick me first so I texted him where is he.
_______________________________________
Thank you so much for reading.
I am so grateful for you reading.
I know this chapter isn't cute or romantic.
I just wanted to give a background about Avantika's family.
It's an Indian household, I don't mean to hurt anyone's sentiments.
I am sorry if I have hurted anyone.
Let me know what you feel.
Next chapter is going to be really special 🫶

Lots of love,
Avantika ❤️