Chapter 5

Was it a date? 

Avantika's POV: 

I was walking and suddenly my leg slipped, god why do I keep embarrassing myself. I closed my eyes so that I don't see myself falling, but I felt a firm grip around my waist. I didn't have courage to open my eyes for a minute but the grip was quite strong and I could eyes on me. 

I opened my eyes to see a guy holding me. It was like a scene straight out of movie. 

The guy was handsome, he looked like a gentleman but he was blushing hard

The guy was handsome, he looked like a gentleman but he was blushing hard. Do guys even are like him anymore? 

His stripped shirt was fitting him perfectly

His stripped shirt was fitting him perfectly. I was thinking all this while in his arms, and I didn't want to stand up yet. But I realised I had to. I adjusted my dress and started talking aka blabbering. 

"hello, i...i...sorry...i mean thank you for saving me .....but cookies." I said in a confusing voice.

"What umm?" He replied in very polite voice.

God he is making me nervous. I try to speak again.

"You could have saved the cookies instead, it were for the booth." I said in a plain voice.

"I am sorry, I didn't see the cookie jar. I was walking when I saw you slipping. I decided to stop you from falling. Did you get hurt?" He said in a concerned tone, after thinking for few seconds that felt like a minute. 

"I am sorry it's just I promised a girl I would help her set up booth, she asked to get her cookie jar but I had to meet the head of council. So I got some great news, I was happy and I guess that's why I slipped. Thank you so much for saving me. But the cookies?" I said while I was smiling to not make it obvious that I was blushing somewhere and nervous. I don't want to fuck it up. 

" Don't worry, I would never let you fall. About cookies, we can get it from a bakery near by." He suggested. God, he is sweet, he wants to help me. AWWW CUTU. 

"Umm, I am not sure, How will be get there so fast?" I said worriedly.

"Come, I will show you." saying this he lead the way and I followed like a little puppy.