Chapter 13

She is mine. 

Kanan's Pov :

Cookie asked me to pick her up at 7 am. She said she wanted to talk to me in private, I don't feel good about talks. It has always made me unhappy.

When I was 9 years old, dad said he wanted to talk to me about mom. She was admitted in hospital because she had an ache in her stomach. That's what dad told me, it was only after years I found out that she had cervix cancer. Since then I read everything about women's health, so some day if I have a wife and a daughter I would be able to take care of them.
Dad told me mom had left us and went to a better place, she won't be coming back but she loves me a lot.
I didn't take the news well back then, I cried for months and I missed her.

Dad and I never had a good relationship. He loved me but he was busy with business, mom and I were very close. But after mom died, dad and I grew closer. We become each other's support system. I started to learn about the business. It was good to bound with dad but I missed mom always.

She is and will be my angel of light.

I drove to Cookie's house, and I am honestly blank to what is to come. 

She was standing near the corner I always pick her. She was looking so beautiful. 

She got in the car. 

"Good morning, Kanan. Thank you for picking me up in the morning." She said and I was busy staring at how effortlessly beautiful she was looking. 

"Good morning, Cookie. Your welcome, I like picking you up. You look beautiful." I say and she smiles, though she looks tensed. 

"Lets drive to a cafe, I want to talk to you about few things

"Lets drive to a cafe, I want to talk to you about few things." This sounded serious and I did as she sad. 

I drove to the cafe and we listened to some songs while driving. She played her favourite song. 

The lyrics were so soothing. 

Baaton ke matlab zaroori nahin
Ho labz ya lab zaroori nahin
Aankho hi aankho me ek dusre ke
Hum aao na sapne salone sune..

Chup chaap baithe huye khwab hai
Bechain hai thode betab hai
Andar kahin jo bhi selab hai
Jaatein karo baatein karo..

Baitho kabhi sath meri bhi do
Baatein karo baatein karo
Chahe bhale baad me todd do
Vaade karo vaade karo!

It felt like she was trying to portray something or maybe she just likes the song and its good. 

The drive was around 30-45 minutes. It was silent drive with lots of music.

We reached the cafe. I parked the car and got down to open the car door for her.

We went inside and there was a couple with a small baby. The baby was crying continuosly.

We got a table little far from the baby.