Chapter 7

Unexpected News

Avantika's Pov:

I need to get hold of my breath. God why? Just when you gave me a good day you decided to bring my past back why? It's something no woman can ever forget even not in her widest dreams.

I decided to ignore it and take a shower, until there was another notification from the same number.

Unknown Number: Avantika, you know right I am not kidding about it. I need to know why did I get a message of a document from the hospital? What are you trying to do? Prove yourself innocent, you are good with your games but don't play them with me.

A message from hospital? After 8 months why? Should I go and check? But if he sees me there I will have no other option.
I need to meet him, but I don't want to meet him. Last time we met was before 1 month of our break up. We had gone to hospital together. It was shady so he had to accompany me, because if something happens to me, my father would hunt him down.

Avantika : Can we meet? 11:30 am our old spot.

Unknown number: If you do anything that is over smart, I myself will tell everyone about what has happened. I think your dad will like it. Meeting you by 11:30 am.

I dressed up in a simple white kurta and plazo pants, and left after having breakfast.

I drove to the spot where I saw him after 10 months. I don't have a good feeling about it. I know I can never forgive him for what he did, even if it was unintentional I lost my piece of heart because of him. I loved him a lot since day one, but now because of the loss I had, sorry we had it is difficult to even hate him.

I park my scooty and enter the cafe. He was seating at our spot. God, this is so painful.

He still has the hat, I made for him

He still has the hat, I made for him. What is he trying to prove?

I move walk past and sit on the couch in the opposite direction. I cough to get his attention.

"Look who it is, Avantika Shah. How is the princess?" He said in a manner that was making me uncomfortable.

"What do you want Moksh? What has happened?" I asked because inside of me I am crying, tensed and also want to kill him.

"Darling, what is the hurry?" He said while touching my hands

"Stay away Moksh, tell me what is it, or else I will leave." I said in almost shaky voice.

"You can leave but then your father will get an email about your documents from the hospital and then we all know what will happen. So why don't you sit and let me do the talking, sweetheart." He said in an authoritative voice.

"Hello ma'am and sir, it's lovely to see you after long time. The regular order? A hazelnut latte and one cold coffee?" We were interrupted by our old waiter. Moksh and I used to come here a lot during the time we were dating. He would always order a cold coffee and I loved my hazelnut latte.

"Sure." Moksh told the waiter.

"So where were we? Ah yes, a got a notification from the hospital regarding your reports. Why didn't you take care of it? I accompanied you to the hospital wasn't it enough? Avantika I don't have time and I have no interest in you, please make that clear. Whatever we had is over. I am forwarding the message to you and please make sure I am never bothered about it ever again." He said all in a very straight forward voice.

"I had no choice but to give your number, since my number was monitored back then. I know you have no interest, because of you we had to visit a hospital. You don't need to be worried. I will handle everything from now on. You could have told me this on message also?" I told him with a calm voice.

"Whatever happened, happened. Take care of yourself. No one will ever know what happened, I promise. I didn't want to message because you would not have taken seriously otherwise." Saying this he left all over again.

I sat there processing what happened, I asked for cheque from waiter. He told me sir had already paid. I need to go to hospital immediately. Why after 8 months hospital wants me to be there?

I drove to the hospital, it was 40 minutes away from the cafe. I was lost. What happened with Moksh, I didn't understand. Deep down I know he cares for me, maybe he doesn't. I know there are some questions which will be unanswered but this one "Did he never really loved the news even for a second?"

I reached the hospital and visited the doctor who had asked for me, her name was Ms. Kanak Gupta.

"Hello doctor, I am Avantika Shah. I got a message you want to see me. Is everything okay?" I asked her with deep concern in my voice.

"Avantika, come. I needed to speak with you in private, so I asked hospital to send you a message. I just need to check once and then I will let you know everything." She said in very calming tone.

I just smiled back at her not knowing what to expect. I am clearly worried. She took me to the observation and checked me. She asked me to be relaxed and some questions related to the past. I was getting uncomfortable but I answered them all.

"Avantika, I am sorry but I need to tell you something. I need you to be relaxed and hear me. You need to hold yourself strong." Doc said in very concerning tone.

She told me everything and I could not control my tears, it was one of my biggest fears. This can't happen. No, No, NO, NO.

"Avantika, please breathe. I know it is heavy news, but there are options. You don't want to tell anyone about it?" She was getting worried for me.

"NO, I am fine. I don't want to talk to anyone." I said her in a plain voice while sobbing.

"That is all I wanted to tell you. Please feel free to talk to me about anything you want to know." She said while patting my back.

"Thank you doctor, just a favour i need." I asked her while she was calming me.

"Yes dear, tell me" she said with a warm smile.

"Please change the number on the hospital register. The number there is not reachable for good." I handed her a small piece of paper which had my number.

I left and went in my car. I don't know what to do. This can't happen god. After everything, you don't get to take this god. I needed this, you knew I did.

I somehow manage my tears and then normal my voice. I picked up my phone to see messages from Cheryl.

Cheryl: Meeting you in 15 minutes at Metro Inox. Don't you dare cancel Avantika. I love you.

I need to meet her. I guess it's better to take off my mind. But I don't feel like anything. ___________________________________________

Thank you so much guys for reading. I am so grateful for you all.

I know, last chapter was extremely happy and this quite opposite, that is how life is sometimes. Unexpected and unpredictable. I will try to upload as much as I can.

Please vote, comment, share

Let me know how you feel about this chapter.

Lots of love,

Avantika ❤️