[ 35. stacie's baby ]

| y/n's pov |

AFTER LEARNING THE previous night's events of how the girls almost burned down DJ Khaled's suite, I almost applauded Aubrey for knocking down that lamp.

Soon we were all sitting outside the hotel with our suitcases, waiting in silence for someone to come and pick us up.

The doors to the hotel opened and that stupid country band came walking out.

"Oh, hey." The front guy greeted teasingly. "Heard you all really, uh, lit it up last night."

"That's a great joke." Beca replied sarcastically as they walked away. "It's really funny."

"Like a phoenix rising from the ashes," Calamity spoke as she and the others from Evermoist also left. "Only a really sad version where there's no phoenix and just ash."

Amy laughed loudly and the other women gave her looks as she started to cough. Amy started to retch before spitting into the garden behind us.

"Sorry, I forgot where we were in the conversation." She apologised.

"Next time, when you're trying to impress DJ Khaled, try to have some dignity." Serenity stated, acting as if DJ Khaled was so special.

"Uh, we never do anything with dignity, so..." Amy said as they walked away.

"Hey, where'd you go last night?" Beca asked Fat Amy.

"What, uh, you mean when you were burning down the hotel?" Amy asked.

"Dude, where were you?" Beca pushed.

"Okay. I was with my father, alright?" Confessed Amy.

"Wait, your dad?" Beca questioned.

"He's been trying to track me down for years, and last night he found me." Amy said and it felt like I had missed an entire chapter by not going to that party.

"Why are you running from him?" Aubrey asked. "I wish my dad would pay attention to me."

I put a hand on her shoulder as Amy went on.

"Because my dad wasn't a very nice man. So, when I was 18, I had to run away, which was a real bitch because of the chafing. And now he has found me, and I don't know what to think."

"I mean, I... I think that's amazing, and so should you." Emily spoke and I turned to the girl who sat on my right with a confused expression. Emily was so dumb. I still loved her, though. "I mean, it... it's... it's a crazy thing. He's finally found you after all these years? Now you can rekindle the relationship, and... and it could be even stronger than it was. And maybe he was not a very nice guy before, but maybe he is now, and maybe he's amazing and wonderful..."

"Okay, Emily, you are so shrill and inarticulate." Amy cut Emily off loudly and tried running at her, Beca holding her back as my phone rang.

"No, no!"

I picked up after seeing Stacie's contact name.

"Stacie!" I grinned before turning to look at the commotion behind me. "Guys! Guys, Stacie's FaceTiming me! Guys, stop. Get over here."